HybridZ

Joey's LS1 swap update pics

My original exhaust looked much like Joey's but choked down to a single 2 1/2". Since then I dumped another $500 and put in an 'X' pipe where the 'Y' used to be and ran dual 2 1/2" all the way back to a dual-inlet muffler that dumps aingle outlet in the stock position.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the fuel system done. Johns pump, to a Edelbrock regulator mounted where the washer bottle was, adjusted to 60 p.s.i. All an6 fittings. I bought steel braided line, but... I had a hell of a time getting them to work. Maybe I'll go back to that later. For now I used Goodyear F.I. hose. Looks good!! and hard to notice or see.

Whats left?????

Wire the car to the motor the car. Gonna cut a hole on passenger side to run the ecu and black box in the cabin.

Calibrate the Johns speedo box

Put the center consol back in.

Hook up heater hoses

Not much!!! I have a 3 day weekend coming up. I'm gonna work on the car during business hours and hopefully not be interupted!!!

Also gonna order BFG drag radials G-force 225/50/15. What are the thoughts of 235/60/15 fitting???????

NEXT UPDATE SHE WILL BE RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :burnout:

JOEY

Man,your so close.A couple 2 or 3 more houre and you'll be ready to drive.I ran the same -6 fuel line on my car...What kind of problems are you having with the braided line?I recently built my line.I wana see that car driven in the next couple weeks.Hit me up about that braided line if you need help.Mike has the same set-up too.

Got the fuel system done. Johns pump' date=' to a Edelbrock regulator mounted where the washer bottle was, adjusted to 60 p.s.i. All an6 fittings. I bought steel braided line, but... I had a hell of a time getting them to work. Maybe I'll go back to that later. For now I used Goodyear F.I. hose. Looks good!! and hard to notice or see.

Whats left?????

Wire the car to the motor the car. Gonna cut a hole on passenger side to run the ecu and black box in the cabin.

Calibrate the Johns speedo box

Put the center consol back in.

Hook up heater hoses

Not much!!! I have a 3 day weekend coming up. I'm gonna work on the car during business hours and hopefully not be interupted!!!

Also gonna order BFG drag radials G-force 225/50/15. What are the thoughts of 235/60/15 fitting???????

NEXT UPDATE SHE WILL BE RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :burnout:

JOEY[/quote']

With careful placement you can install a set of 235/60-15" BFG Drag Radials on either some late 280ZXT rims or some early 300ZX rims with spacers. The DR's will hook up a mostly stock LS1 pretty well.

If you aren't going drag racing then the 225's work very well with a mildly upgraded suspension for either daily driving or limited crooked track use. All depends on your goals. I actually went from 225/50-16's to 215/55-16's and life got better. Slightly taller tires helped with my gearing and ride comfort and the fact that they are a stickier design helps with my launch. :-D

Yeh,your right about that.You will ned bigger tires then those 225's.I had 235's on my car and didnt hook up very well from launch.I got the 275's on there now and work a little better.I am running the Nitto Drag Radials.Mike said they sucked for him....I let him use my wheels for the track,he went 3 times this past week.He has a little more power then I do though.

In this picture you can see the 225's on my car and the 275's beside them before I installed them.

Yur going to need bigger than 225 rubber ;)

I dont know if 235 will fit' date=' but You may want to star tthinking about fender flares.[/quote']new_Pictures_037.sized.jpg