HybridZ

Fiberglass rear hatches available

Wagz

Not sure if John Washington was planning on posting here (sorry if I stole your thunder, John), but I figured many of you may be interested. I just received an email from him announcing three new versions of a fiberglass hatch he has available for '70 - '78 Zs. Here is the text of the message:

Hi, Folks!

I’m pleased to announce my first new product this year: a Fiberglass Rear Hatch for the 70-78 Z Cars.

Many of you who have purchased my racing fenders have inquired about availability of this piece to reduce the overall weight of your car and get the weight off the highest part of the car where it does the most good. It’s now here!

I offer it in three configurations:

Skin only. This is very lightweight (about 7 pounds) and designed to be Dzus-fastened or pinned to the car. Price: $200.

Complete hatch, inner and outer bonded together with no hard points to attach hinges. Visually identical to the stock hatch, but still needs to be pinned in place. Weight is about 14 pounds. Price is $300.

Complete hatch with hinge hard points bonded in between inner and outer skins. Can be used with stock latch. Weight is about 15 pounds, at $350.

I do not yet offer pre-bent polycarbonate back windows, but hope to do so in the future. Meanwhile, you can cold bend clear plastic from the hardware store, and screw or rivet it into the fiberglass hatch. You can even reuse the stock rear window if you wish, or if the rules of your racing organization require it.

Thanks,

John Washington

Reaction Research, Inc., Scottsdale, AZ

john@ReactionResearch.com

http://www.ReactionResearch.com

Cool stuff!

I have what is probably a very stupid question. I know about pinning or dzus fastening the hatch, but how do you seal it so that you aren't high from carbon monoxide poisoning while you are trying to hit that next apex?

If you don't use the inner part bonded to the outer, there would not be a place for the stock weatherstripping to seal to...

Jon

I got the same e-mail from John. I encouraged him to post here. I also encouraged him to produce a "Pantera" version. :2thumbs:

Maybe he's so busy working on it right now that he doesn't have time to post? :roll:

Jon, I'm thinking that the shin only version is pretty much a race application part. Get some of that extra fat open cell weatherstriping with the sticky back they sell at Home Depot. Ain't pretty but it's light.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zline

this is awesome!!

--------

does he plan on keeping them stocked?

are they IN stock?

sure as hell beats getting one from spirit garage!!

now if he only made OEM style front fiberglass fenders!

arizonazcar.com is stocking a ton of racing and custom fiberglass parts again such as hatches ' date=' doors , hoods, fenders, G-nose etc.

PLease take a look at http://www.arizonazcar.com/body.html

Dave[/quote']

I'd consider one, but since you don't ship I'll look for someone who will.

SHIPPING WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLY ON THOSE PARTS SMALL ENOUGH TO GO UPS

ALL OTHER FIBERGLASS PARTS MUST BE PICKED UP HERE IN MESA,AZ (JUST EAST OF PHOENIX

Guest Zachb55

All right now guys, time to simmer down, did you read the topic of this post? it never said "place to bash on other people" and stuff like that isnt allowed in any part of this forum. thanks

-Zach

If all you truely typed was "Dave???" How is he supposed to get anything useful out of that? Just call him up on the phone and talk to him. If he doesn't want to ship it, go elsewhere, simple as that.

I deleted two posts concerning comments made by members...

AZC clearly states what his shipping policy is on his site... Either deal with it and buy from him, or don't give him your business... But take your complaints about vendors (ALL VENDORS) offline.

Over the last few years we've heard complaints about EVERY ZCAR Vendor on the planet. Sometimes it is the vendor, sometimes it is the buyer... HybridZ won't become a place where this back and forth is done, so please, take your issues with said vendors OFFLINE!

Mike 8)