HybridZ

pics on progress z31 flares on s130

Welll i'm welding some flares on my zxt since i shaved the rear and will use a whale tail, the visual weight was to much centered at the rear portion for my likings.

first all the bodywhise add ons sofar:

side-vents.jpg

the fender vents the widened flares smooth out just before, but this is a before pic

backside&wing.jpg

the back, and the whale tail looks slick with the shaved bumbers but it adss some visual weight to the whole

therfore the fender flares where introduced, also for the housing of the stock 16" 225 z31 rims and brakes

normal_DCP02124.JPG

here you can see the first fit after some more welding, it needs allot of attention, and more welding to finish and look slik but it will work out.

Also i need to cut the inner fender (original fender)

another view.. before the welding up in the first picture

normal_DCP02126%7E0.JPG

what do you think?

I thinks it's going to look good. Please keep the pictures/updates coming in. It's hard to get a good idea on the shape of the fender flares due to the lighting, but am looking forward to more shots as the work progresses.

Cool man! I think I posted something about this a few months ago, as I had a similar idea.. I just didnt have the resources (read-money and guts) to do it to my car just yet! looking forward to seeing the final product. I have a whale tail just like yours and I was also a bit put off by the "visual' weight at the back of the car.. but I will live with it for now.

Well 320Zeven, i will do so, however i first need to weld teh back on, and than i will amke a pic, with the OEM Z31 T sideskirt trail fitted...

As for datsunlover, i hear you, i am a student so not rich :( , but i had this 300ZXT parter and loved the flares, not to badly overdone but there (need wheels to fill it out, why not the stock 16"of the 300, gives a nice brake upgrade too!)

Since the whale tail is more or less a rip off of a 911 and they have wider flares i started fantasysing... then mesuring..... :twisted: and the cutting one well of the z31, from there it is just welding and see what happends... ( the guts part, but i started as seen on a front fender, i had a couple to spare, so if i FU$%ed up, i just wasted a fender) Lucky for me it worked !! , and from the looks i wont need as much bondo.. it is a heap of work though...

Thanks for all the reactions though

frank