HybridZ

My clutch fluid is leaking

PUSHER

Story: was at a driving event and in the middle I notice my clutch is engaging really wierd, I had to push it all the way down to get it to engage. I pull into the pits, its very very low on clutch fluid so I fill it up. I go back out, its spongy then starts to stiffen up. Then I go dry again, and can not shift at all. So I add fluid and Bleed the clutch, This works until I notice it going spongy again. I call it quits then.

f8a73b61.jpg

That is whats leaking, for reference, that picture is taken upside down. The J on Japan is facing the rear of the car. When I push down the clutch a jet of fluid will squirt out of their.

f8a73b5f.jpg

It leaks out of that rubber boot.

Your clutch slave cylinder is leaking (1st pic you posted). You might not be able to find the manually adjustable slave like you have. Later ones were self adjusting. If that is the case, then just use the pin with the threaded end from the one you have now in the new slave. The internals are the same. To use the self adjusting slave pin you need to change the throwout fork, which requires pulling the transmission. I like the ability to adjust the clutch manually anyway.

I'd still say change them both. If you don't and crud goes down the line into the new slave, then you'll have the same problem not too far in the future.