HybridZ

Billet Aluminum R-200 Mustache Bar

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, That looks like a high quality piece. From a functionality standpoint does the new bar shave a few pounds or add some rigidity as opposed to the OEM bar?

Also, have you ever considered building similar bar that supports the rear A arm aft mounting points, but allows the use of a factory LSD finned cover? The factory bar forces us non-fabricators to use the early Z diff covers on our LSD's. :(

I'd buy a custom LSD bar if you made it... :D

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Count me in on a bar for the r230 if you would be making it.. Ok guys thats 1..

Others chime in..

Jeff

Here's the site that one of our HybridZ members had when he was building the mounts for the finned diff cover. He no longer makes the mounts so we have to fabricate our own now. Personally I'd like to buy something I could bolt on rather than fabricate.

I'd like an R200 mount, but I'm sure there would be plenty of interest in an R230 mount as well.

http://www.linfoot.net/

Regards,

Guest JAMIE T

Dave, Welcome to our small corner of the internet. Much has been discussed here about your products. You may do yourself(or business) a huge service by visiting here often and maybe offering some of your many years advise to our now well over 3000 members. Obviously your products are first rate and by helping answer technical questions here in a friendly manner will no doubt increase your customer base. HybridZ is the only place on the internet for highly technical discussion for primarily Zcars. I hope you stop by more often.

Thanks very much Jamie, I've just gotten caught up on a 2 year back log of work so this week is the first time I've had the time to post on Hybrid.

As some of you know (but most of you don't) for the last 15 years (out of the 20 yrs I've been in the Z biz) most of my business has been outside of the United States and that's why I haven't done any promotion or advertising in a long time.

I have tried to use my expertise to build components that represent "Top of the line" in terms of quality/ innovation / value.

The parts that I sell actually do something for the car......no oil caps, key rings , badges or magic $29 parts that claim to add 100 HP, My specialty

is hardcore suspension , brakes, engine and bodywork.

What I do here is not for everyone: I expect that my customers are serious amateurs with the time ,talent, tools, and space to correctly install what I sell. I try to provide tech support based on that assumption but when realize that a potential cutomer has no understanding of automotive basics I would rather lose a sale than try and walk them through something I know they're never going to make work.

I see that a number of my original designs have been copied , but for little or nothing more costwise I can supply a higher quality more complete part or kit than some of the cobbled together stuff I see being sold.

Anyhow thanks again and I hope to post when and where applicable.

I 'll be happy to respond to questions (hopefully short ones) as time allows

but please don't ask me "how do I turbocharge a car" .

Sincerely , Dave

No minimum on fiberglass parts however the issue is shipping as always. If you pick up in person or arrange your own shipping I'll sell you what ever you need.

I just had a load shipped to Vermount ($2000) , the customer paid $500

for professional crating and truck freight and every piece got damaged anyhow. :(

The small stuff that can go UPS is no problem.

If any of the Hybrid members are in the delivery biz (or want to be) let me know.

Dave

Dave I spoke to you on Tuesday about buying some control arms. I have the R230 in my 240z I will try and take some pics this week of it. If you make the MB for the r230 it would sell good. (I WANT ONE).

Mike

It looks like it will take very little mod to make them fit the R-230 , I think we will do a small run of them along with the ones for the R-200.

I looked at the brace setup to clear the LSD cover....the one you sent me the link to is kinda hack. (and no longer avail.)......I'm looking at doing a really nice one that will work with both the R-200 and R-230 LSD rear cover.

Ask Mark Icard to post some pictures of the suspension I sent him.

Dave

Welcome Dave :D . This bar looks like a great piece of equipment :shock:. Has there been any questions raised about the bar in regards to its compatibility with OEM front differential mounts. The OEM spring steel mustache bar works with the flex of the front differential mount, so my question is; Will this piece (especially with the poly bushings in it) compliment this action as well, or do you recommend the firming up of the front differential mount to reduce any twisting presented upon your aluminum bar? I'm not a metallurgist by any means, but fatigue was my main concern, and the direction of my question.

I dont think twist will be an issue, but if I were to be really hot roddin around (not that I would ever exceed the speed limit) I would use the billet front mount too.

By the way it's machined from 1/2 inch thick 6061 T-6 plate

sculpted to what in my humble opinion the the optimum weight to strength ratio, plus it looks so damn cool!

one of these days I just might have to put a Z together for myself.

Dave