HybridZ

SBC front mount distributor kit...comments?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33690&item=2480781812&rd=1

TRIED OF THE CHEVY V8 DISTRIBUTOR HITTING THE FIREWALL ON WHATEVER YOUR STUFFING THE SBC MOTOR IN. HERES THE ANSWER. DESIGNED OVER 20 YEARS AGO BY A DRAG RACER (PERRY SEITZ of Wisc). PERRY ALWAYS SOUGHT OUT WAYS TO MAKE HIS CAR RUN STRONGER. THIS WAS ORIGINALLY DESIGN FOR THE IGN TIMING, BECAUSE OF TORSIONAL TWISTING OF THE CAMSHAFT. BUT WHEN I SAW IT, BEING A STREET RODDER I IMMEDIATELY SAW A GREAT POTENIAL FOR THE FIREWALL HITTING PROBLEM. AND THEN EVERYBODY WAS STUFFING A CHEVY SM BLK IN ANYTHING. LOOK AT THE SUPPORTING PICTURES AND YOU WILL SEE HOW IT GOES TOGETHER. WE NOW AGAIN OFFER THIS UNIT WITH A REBUILT GM DELCO DIST OR A MALLORY UNILITE DIST. THESE ARE BOTH EXTRA. YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE BASIC KIT TO MOVE THE DIST UP FRONT. THE ALUM COVER IS FULLY POLISHED. A DETAILED INSTRUCTION SHEET IS INCLUDED. GREAT FOR ANY INSTALLATION THAT HAS A REAR FIREWALL PROBLEM. ONLY GOOD ON CARS WITH A CARB. REMEMBER THIS WAS DESIGNED BEFORE WE HAD FUEL INJECTION AND HEI DIST. ONE ITEM TO MENTION IS THAT THIS DOES REQUIRE A "LONG" STYLE WATER PUMP OR MOROSO STYLE SPACERS FOR THE SHORT PUMP. PLEASE CALL WITH ANY QUESTIONS. 262 619 1932 WE HAVE MANY UNITS AVALABLE. ALSO ONE FOR THE BIG BLOCK CHEVY MOTOR TOO. YES, THE LAST PHOTO IS 1948 ANGLIA STREET ROD...

58_3.JPG

I looked into one about a yr 1/2 ago when I thought about putting my sbc set up into my other nicer Z. It was very hard to find any info on them!! A well known name from the 60`s still makes them (can`t remember the name right now) I decided against getting one becaulse there`s alot of precise mesurements you have to check and create and the price was very high $425.00 and the oil pump shaft unit was 75.00 extra. The Ebay one might be worth a try if the price stays down enough.

I then looked into Electromotive crank triger and coil packs system for $700.00

Didn`t buy either one.

Mark