HybridZ

June is "Do the RIGHT Thing (LEFT Lane Courtesy)"

pparaska

Guest Aaron
I also would like to have some sort of "ram" device for the AWIPES that pull up so close at stops.

Push a button' date=' a ram comes out the back of my vehicle, puts a big ol whole in their radiator and I drive off leaving them standed. :D[/quote']

For these people, I usually just let my truck roll back a little as soon as I get stopped. People don't seem to inch up real close if they think you don't know how to drive a stick.

I get crazed when the car in front of me entering the freeway stops at the end of the ramp .You then see the driver start looking at traffic waiting for a large opening instead of merging at speed with the flow of traffic. Tom

Yeah, that drives me nuts too.

How about the idiots that either crawl down the entrance ramp (no matter how straight) at 1/2 the speed limit of the road they're entering, possibly stop at the end, and as soon as they make it out onto the road, they're scrambling for the left lane like no tomorrow - only to crawl down it at UNDER the speed limit. Hopefully, there's a special little place in hell for these a$$holes. Here's another place where probably some education is needed as to the purpose of the left lane. The problem is, the quick-and-dirty driver's education places probably don't bother with rules of the road that aren't law. At least that seems like what's happened in this country over the last 20 years or so.

Ah yes, merging traffic.

When did they rewrite the rules stating that merging traffic as the right of way?

Well the ones that don`t stop entering traffic, come right on out into traffic at speed expecting you to make a place for them where there is no space.

Gosh, if I could only plow right into these non-driving mofos and get a way with it. :shock::cuss:

I`m getting a bad case of road rage more and more these days.

Usually, the reason why I pass the higher pickups and SUVs is because I’m usually having to dodge rocks being flung at me from them (the H2 Hummer is the worst!). When I pass them, I don’t slow down, but I don’t speed off either, I just basically switch places.

Also, for the people that speed by me (known as the “rabbit” to me) I usually match their speed, but stay a few car lengths back behind them. Reason being is that if a cop happens to be going the other way, he’ll clock them first, I’ll pick it up on the radar detector, and have more of a chance of survival than the car in front. Plus I won’t feel guilty if they were pulled over because I never influenced their driving :-)

43mpg in my CRX yea baby :D:D:D

(

DOH! Mine is an Si and it's all surface streets though, in LA-like traffic.

Anyway, back to the thread, I know this is gonna be controversial, but it's the older drivers too! They're too damn dangerous, plowing into people in Santa Monica, etc.

The other day at lunch I was the 2nd car in the lane at a lite. The next lane over had only one car. This 80+ yr old lady is next to arrive and plows right into the back of the first car. No damage but she didn't even get out to look at her own car. I don't think she even knew she hit him :shock:

Owen

Believe me, I've had fantasies while driving of having a LAWS launcher or photon canon mounted to the front of my car to be able to disintegrate or vaporize the left lane bandits!!! Imagine, you're behind the jerk going 55 in the left lane, and vaporize him instantly, then drive through the cloud

Having been on a racetrack and driven through clouds of dust caused by a car going off track, I'll tell you that its not a good thing. Instead of blowing up the car in front of you and creating a huge hazard for yourself, you'll need what I've been trying to invent for a while:

The Auto Spatula

It projects forward from your car and can flip the slow poke left, right, or for that tailgater that's been riding your ass for the last mile, the Auto Spatula can flip the car up over your roof.

Anyway' date=' back to the thread, I know this is gonna be controversial, but it's the older drivers too! They're too damn dangerous, plowing into people in Santa Monica, etc.

The other day at lunch I was the 2nd car in the lane at a lite. The next lane over had only one car. This 80+ yr old lady is next to arrive and plows right into the back of the first car. No damage but she didn't even get out to look at her own car. I don't think she even knew she hit him :shock:

Owen[/quote']

Hey I live in South Florida, I know all about the old folks and their driving. As Jerry Seinfeld said, "They sit low and drive slow". I don't know how many times I've almost been run off the road by old people who just start changing lanes without looking or anything. You gotta watch out for those Grand Marquis, Town Cars, and DeVilles :D .

Guest Simon

I hear you..... people who hog the right lane shoulg get a fine!! here in Australia If you dont keep left you get a fine.... BUT the cops are never arround when you need them... Just when you dont