HybridZ

WHY does BOV "have" to go back into intake?

Guest jjohart

Guest SeanyD300zxT

something doesn't quite make sense with that. Why would you place your bov before your afm unless you're feeding boosted air through your afm (perhaps this is just an oversight on my part and this is exactly what you're doing)

for the BOV to be most useful, it should be closest to the TB, and must be between the turbo and TB (sorry, I know I'm stating the obvious)

as it's been stated before in this thread, an AFM or MAF car will prefer to be run in a recirc setup, but it's not required if the 'rich condition' is tolerable

a MAP car however, can use either setup without consequence as the air(pressure) is being metered in the plenum anyways

something doesn't quite make sense with that. Why would you place your bov before your afm unless you're feeding boosted air through your afm (perhaps this is just an oversight on my part and this is exactly what you're doing)

for the BOV to be most useful' date=' it should be closest to the TB, and must be between the turbo and TB (sorry, I know I'm stating the obvious)

as it's been stated before in this thread, an AFM or MAF car will prefer to be run in a recirc setup, but it's not required if the 'rich condition' is tolerable

a MAP car however, can use either setup without consequence as the air(pressure) is being metered in the plenum anyways[/quote']

ok, this is how i ran mines.... compressor discharge outlet> 2.5" 90deg elbow (my bov vents into atmosphere) > thru fmic> then AFM> to throttle body

240zprace...

Do you have any photos of your setup. I have NEVER seen an AFM in a boost area.

EVER.

The airfolw would logically be Air Filter, AFM, Turbo, Piping, FMIC, BOV (to ATM or recirc), Throttle Body.

EVERY setup I have seen in the past 20+ years has been set up in that configuration.

I need to see your setup to see how you converted it to Pressurized Airfolw through a box with no in-to-out sealing capabilities.