HybridZ

Did I get a deal? Input please!!!

BillZ260

OK this has been a story in the making, and it's finally over! (Well when I finish this it will be)

So I need a engine for my JTR project and see this add on HybridZ...

http://hybridz.org/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=zClassifieds&file=detail&cat=50&de=327

I drive down to Dallas (4 hours each way) and the engine is CLEAN, I mean, it is about as clean as you can get. I could tell it had been run for a while but for all purposes it was a good deal. Said it was IN HIS CAR with aluminum heads and T-5 and all that but he had already sold that stuff off. Paid him $500 without intake and carb and headed home.

-$500 Engine

-$70 Gas / Food So far I am in good shape...

Get home pull oil filter (should have done this earler) lots of water and grey sludge that I know isn't a new synthetic type oil. I get hot! Pull the thing apart and It just got worse and worse. All bearings were toast, grade 3 hardware sprinkled here and there, you get the picture.

Call him up, and here comes the LIES. His buddy, supposedly built this engine for him but as you can plainly see he bought it like a month before he sold it to me. He never had it in his car or running or anything.

http://hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32254&highlight=

So I ask for my $$ back and well... it was 'gone'. SO I try and try and try and try to work something out with him for like 8 weeks. I got an administrator involved, which he didn't like, and still unresolved. So I threateded him with legal action. I don't think I had any grounds but that worked. After the three weeks of the "check is in the mail" I finally get a $200 money order!

+$200

Told him he has a month to get me the rest but he insits that he is broke. SO i think about it and decide to take an offer he made earler for some parts in trade. By this time we are almost 3 months into it and I am just wanting to reslove this. He agrees to give me just about anything left on the car and I say ok. We went down this weekend and got the following.

Driveshaft

R-200 + Mustach bar + shafts and hardware

Rest of complete rear suspension included

2 ss brake lines

2 kyb struts

2 lowered MSA springs

1" rear sway bar

3pc Spoiler, needs a little work but is ok

AC Condnesor

280 Seats

280 front flares and good HL buckets

Window crank

Grant steering wheel and adapter

Beat up console

Holley 750

Performer Intake

+$???

-$100 Another trip to Dallas food and gas went up

I got all this for my troubles so I am going to try and sell most of it because I simply don't need it. Most of it is in decent and usable shape but like I said, the parts areen't things I need to move my project closer to being finnished. So all totalled I am out about $450 or so and I have to sell a bunch of parts to get close to even. I did get a good R-200 out of the deal and I wasn't even going to post any of this but... Here I am. WHY?

Because Mr. Storm280Z told countless lies over and over again. He never did come clean with any of his story and kept postponing payment and resolution with more lies. I hated every moment of this whole "DEAL". It is over now and I do feel beter. As a matter of fact my project batteries have been recharged and I plan on get back on the Z and hard! But the question still lies....

Did I get a good deal?

Just be aware when you purchace stuff from anyone. I doubt mr storm will be looking at the board anylonger, so bannishment may do nothing, I dunno. I hated that he lied time after time instead of giving me the straight truth.

Sorry to hear about it,, you have to look at your time as a value.

You made a mistake and it cost you a little money. Heck if you consider what u pay for education it was cheap.

i have bought 2 fenders on line and both were full of plastic after both promised them to be clean.

U can't win. Don't let this couple hundred dollar rip off get you down, I know I would be hot too, but I bought a bumper I wount use and cant sell for $150... We all have waisted a couple hundred dollars at some point.

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Hey Bill,, Dibbs on the R200 Mustache bar.. OK..JUst let me know what I owe you. I can come by and pick it up when ever you like..

Give me a shout and I'll come by with some cash..

Jeff

Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned this in the post. This post wasn't to show that I have stuff to sell, it was to show that you can't trust too many people, SOMETIMES not even a HybridZ brother.

I posted the stuff I am selling the the Classified section, like a good, rule following member :D , the R-200 mustache bare and rear sway bar are mine. Please check the classifieds for my parts for sale. I am working on getting pics together buy my computer at home is kind of WANTING right now, it's a p166 compaq, it takes about an hour to boot up, load pics, save them to disk to bring to work and shut down. SO SLOW!!! But I will try to get everything tonight or tomorrow.

Heck if you consider what u pay for education it was cheap.

Your right, through this and previous endevors, I hope I have learned how to process these deals :)

Bill, As I advised you, and told the other "Member", You had every right to take him to small claims court and get every dime back, including interest and cost, due to his "mis-representation" of his parts.

Far as I'm concerned, And this is JUST MY PERSONAL opinion, But that Particular member is NOT the kind of member HybridZ wants in their "Family", and I hope that he will just excuse himself from our website... Based on the lies relayed, and then on his reaction to the fact that you wanted someone outsideof the situation to verify some of the technical info, he isn't the sort of person I'd want to give advice to, or get it from... And I certainly wouldn't buy ANYTHING from him or believe anything he states...

This was a VERY disappointing situation and I'm glad you are able to "Make lemonade" from lemons... I locked the posts he made, so they could be used later if needed.

Glad you got something for your efforts...

Mike

I looked into small claims and from what I could tell, I have very little understand of legal maters, in OK you can take someone to small claims court if the transaction took place with in the state. I was unsure since I went to TX to purchace this item. Also, I was told of the 'buyer beware' law that basically says on used equipment, you buy it and that's it. I don't really have the specifics and this amount of money wasn't worth the time and $$ it would take to persue regaurdless. I really appretiate all the information and suggestions you gave me on this matter Mike. I am glad that you and others at the site were supportive in this matter, it took alot of the sting out. Additionally, I am happy that it is ALL over.

Any of you looking to buy any parts from me, I will do my best to represent their condition...

TRUST ME :twisted:

I added pic's to my adds here. I am goingto put the rest on ebay, will create new adds adn links to the auctions when finnished. You guys have dibs. I will end the auctions early if you meet my reserve and let me know you are hybridz member....