HybridZ

What a BASH!!!!

Mikelly

So Donna threw me a pre-birthday Birthday party on the 3rd of July... Jamie, Doug, Pete, other non-hybridZ friends and some of our family members showed up for a cookout and general get together... Doug got here early and I had a chance to take him out for a little ride in my daily commuter before the rest of the group got there... I'll let doug explain his experience with TORQUE! :D

So we ate, drank, ate, and drank some more, and by 9PM we were down to Doug, Pete, our friends Dennis and Sandy, and Donna and I... And pretty much that was it until about midnight, drinking, eating and having a good time... The subjects covered everything from v8 performance (Dennis has a Chriscraft twin screw 350/350 twin small blocks! :shock: !), to women, to construction, to motorcycles...

They beat me down over the ZX9R and my use of knee sliders on the street! :D So I have officially put the bike in the cycletrader... You guys win. I'm unloading it! :lol:

It was a good time, good friends, and a great day. The Bday will actually be the 7th, but we took advantage of the time off!

Hope everyone had a good 4th of July and remembered why it is we have the ability to celebrate such a great occassion!

GOD bless AMERICA! 8)

Mike

Guest 73TPIZ

Hey Mike, happy early birthday. Mine's tommorrow (6th).

I took vacation so I'm layin' low this week. I got my SDS hooked up and running so i may drive it to the dyno tommorrow and make a few pulls. I've done a booty calibration on it out on our country road then took it to the local 1/8th mi track last nite. Ran 8.37 (hot evening) to a best of 8.20 (cool evening) with the stock compu so i'm pretty close. It's 100mi one way to the dyno so the cruise will be my b'day present to myself. Trying to learn the SDS with the 305 in the car now. The 355 block's on the stand and the guts are in plastic in my bedroom. :D

Sounds like you guys had a great time.

take care.

BTW I had thoughts of driving up for your last mini Z fest but didn't work out. Maybe next time.

Well Mike took me thru one of his "street courses" he has mapped out around were he lives for a little spirited ride in his corrvette.

My background is 20+ years working on and owning imports.

I`ve owned two V-8 vehicles, one being a 79 350 series Ford P/U and a 89 Dodge B-250 Van. (not much for a performance comparison)

I was quite impressed with the Corvettes performance. :shock::D

The car is fast and will "put you back in the seat".

I was waiting for Mike to put the $100. 00 bill on the dash and say, if you can grab it it`s yours. :D

I have built some fast Z cars (turbos and normally aspirated), but the "tourque factor" is another thing all together.

My hats off to you folks putting such engines in a Z, I now have some idea how quick / fast your cars will be. :D

BUT, as another member here sig reads;

Yea, still a inliner! :D

And Mike, good for you on the bike decision.

I’m sure you made some of the people around you breathe a little easier.

For those of you that haven’t had the pleasure of meeting Mike, a brief easy description of him might be . . . Pretty Damn Extreme!

Guest ON3GO

happy birthday Mike and also 73TPIZ.

glad you had fun Mike, should have took pics!

i didnt do much but see a movie and had a few drinks.

Mike

Sure I'd ship it... Along with the extra set of wheels, six race slicks, and all duplicate panels, tank and misc. other parts... I'm asking $5500 and my bottom line is $5000... Includes factory manual, new carb sticks, headtube stand and rear stand... Bike has custom suspension, custom drive train, weighs 395# and made 131HP at the wheel when I bought it.

...and of course, you pay shipping! 8)

Mike

Mike, as usual, I had a great time. Thanks for everything, to include the people, beer, Jack Daniels, food, cigar. Hey, wait, I thought it was YOUR birthday! ;) I owe ya!

Oh, remember, everyone else said sell it, I said turn the tags into the DMV, stop the insurance and make it a track-only bike. Oh well, I guess you would have ended up being tempted into a street adventure with it anyway. ;) I know if I had one of those things, I'd be out getting in trouble with it or killed. The traffic is just too heavy and poorly driven around these parts.

Now, with one less hobby (motorcyling), you can maybe get that Z on the road? :twak::D

Guest Aaron
So Donna threw me a pre-birthday Birthday party on the 3rd of July

You had a party on my birthday and did not invite me?! :D