HybridZ

Burned Up Or Burned Out?

SHO-Z

I really do not know if I am burnout or burned up on my convertible Z project. I did the original conversion in Washington but now live in Arizona. I really do not feel like working on a car in 100° ++ temperatures so I try to do a little here and there on the car. I installed and molded in a ground effects kit. The building contractor doing some work in the back yard somehow backed into the Z. it was over in the corner where I put it completely out of the way while I was out of town on business and put a 4†crack in the bumper and broke it loose all the way around. So had to spend around 8 hrs repairing the glass on the bumper and remolding it in, in 100° ++ temperatures. Installed a modified spoiler off of a 70s Trans Am and side vents. The last project was filling in the side marker lights. Molding in plastic parts to metal is a real pain with the differential expansion between the metal and plastic. It will look great for a few days and then just start cracking between the two, never had this problem in Washington. I have yet to find glue that will hold the upholstery around the windshield in the Arizona temperatures, fine it the winter and fall off in the summer. Started a SHO V6 conversion, but had to give it up due to the wrecking yard not able to locate all of the parts needed. But did get a full refund after I took back the engine.

I think I am burned out on the project, where I used to enjoy spending endless hours planning and working on the Z. Of course it is not fun sweating your ass off working on it. Now I dread working on it. I really only have the final prep and paint to finish the body, but have no enthusiasm to finish it. Now the big decision should I sell the Z and find another interest or keep plunking away and finish it?

normal_z2%7E1.jpg

If you don't have a garage, build one! I know exactly what you mean - even at night here, it is now like 90 degrees with insanely high humidity. When I walk out of the air conditioned area, I just start choking. So what I am doing is going to bed early and waking up at 4-5am so I can work when it is cool. When I have my own house, though, it will be AC in the garage for sure!

Don't sell your Z, it looks great.