HybridZ

Go VOTE for this 240Z

Guest RCNSC

Guest RCNSC

Go here and vote for this Z. The guy entered his Z in this competition and needs support from fellow Zers. I agree with what he says: Anyone with money can take a new car and bolt on some parts. It takes a different kind of person to mod a Z.

Just go vote. Registering will only take a sec.

http://www.1010tires.com/forum//forum_posts.asp?TID=378&PN=1

Hes number 2. Make him #1!!!!!

Awesome car. I love competition oriented looks.

Anyone with money can take a new car and bolt on some parts. It takes a different kind of person to mod a Z.

I attended a local Z car club meeting a couple of months ago. One of the members had a 350Z in which an additional 26K worth of parts were installed on it (I don't believe this owner did any "hands on" work on any of these parts that were bought, which included everything from headers to speakers). He had a very nice car, and lots of trophies, but what I saw was a lot of money spent to buy a 1st place win at the shows he attends. Somewhat discouraging in that there should be a "dirty fingernail check" prior to issuing a win in any car event. Yes, I realized not everybody is blessed with the skills needed to do or perform modifications themselves, but to take a win with a fat wallet just seems wrong.

Guest RCNSC

Pathetic. All these views and there have been more replies in this thread than in the one you need to vote in! Quit being lazy..... a stupid Sentra SE-R is winning.

Terry, Someone on Chevytalk.org has this as their longtime signature:

"If you didn't build it, it's not yours."

At this May's "Ocean City Cruise-in" (OC, MD) a "cleckbook car won

the mayor's trophy (top honors). The car's owner paid to have the

entire car designed and built (40 ford) in 11 months. If you ask me,

the BUILDER won the trophy, not the check-writer.

The old rodders I hang with at the Burtonsville MD Sunday morning

cruise-in at the old shopping center (rts 29 and 198) call those

"checkbook cars".

Guest RCNSC
a 'stupid' Sentra SE-R huh?

RCSNC you seem to be pretty oppinionated towards any car that is not an S30....

Oh lord. I like SE-Rs. But the one winning doesn't have nearly as many mods nor look anywhere near as good as that guys Z.

2004-06-21_153155_Z_nose.JPG

VS

HPIM0003.jpg

If you ask me,

the BUILDER won the trophy, not the check-writer.

Car shows are about the cars.

Aren't cars the award winners at car shows? Best in show is for the car, not the owner right? Regardless of who or how a car was built, it was voted Best in Show because the judges thought it was the best prepared and presented vehicle.

If a car show want's to recognize the best homebuilt then it should have an award specifically for that. If the show wants to recognize the best builder then it should also have an award for that.

I've had the privlidge of touching and seeing up close, inside, and underneath some phenominal vehicles prepared by Chip Foose that have won Best of Show at Oakland, Chicago, etc. Those cars deserved every award they won even though the vehicle owner (who paid millions!) didn't turn a wrench. I especially like the Grandmaster http://www.chipfoose.com