HybridZ

is this engine combo a good deal?

Guest 2002sentraSER

Guest 2002sentraSER

its a 400 cubic inch engine and he has all the recipts for the rebuilt and he is going to get the engine dynoed before the sale is final but it has that stuff all on a 400sbc is that possible to make 550-600hp on that combo

Guest 2002sentraSER

so you think with all the stuff mentioned what do you think the car is putting out and what do you think i would run in my datsun with that in the engine bay?

Guest livewire23

id say 16 sec E/T with the amount of wheelspin you'd get from that, not to mention the wasted rear ends. :D But seriously, I hope you've got a way of putting that power to the ground, darius is having problems getting his, what, 500hp? to the floor.

edit: is that a Spec-V SE-R? my friend has one, not a bad car. the back looks like **** , but it puts decent power to the ground, for a four-banger. Overall its not bad looking either. I got a 1992 prelude to trash his 2002 Celica, so he goes and one-ups me with his 2002/3 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V. that rich bastard! :rolleyes:

Guest 2002sentraSER

no its not and i recked it yesterday in the ice did a 180 in the middle of the highway and crashed into a ditch and the estimate on the damage is 1200 so not to horrible but still sucks real bad. Also on the engine idea does it have around 600hp at the crank with that set up and also i plan on running slicks, and have a roll cage and haveing a ford or chevy rear end so that i don't break anything and it will have an auto so that will help to so we shall see how it all ends up

Unless you have to throw your immortal soul in on top of the asking price, those are not "good" deals. Take those hp figures, divide them by 2, and those are "good" deals for fresh motors.

Those deals are unbelieveable. If it were me, I'd see them run on an engine dyno before any money changed hands... and if either of them make 2/3rds the hp their owners are claiming (and can hold an idle and run on pump gas), they're still a helluva deal without even taking into consideration the install help.

550 hp is obtainable out of a 350, Hp is cheap its the realiability that is expensive. Any backyard boy can put a 13:1 comp cast piston cast crank that will put out 500 hp the question is how long will it last with cheap componets hp can be very deadly to the engine life. My friend built a 350 cast everything with camel hump heads he put out 492 to the fly wheel. It cost him 1500 to build> He ran it for 1 week and blew the crank. Make sure those parts a forged. The more u pay the more u get usually

Chad

Guest 2002sentraSER

the guy is willing to get it dynoed with me before money chages places and once it is running in my datsun and he is going to let me drive the car that has the engine in it before i go any further so that will be the determination

Guest 2002sentraSER

thats why i think it might be legit so i am going to go see and drive the engine soon in the current car then the purchase probably will go through after xmas

I'll agree with Pete & Grumpy on this. I've built a 500hp motor and it will cost your soul and then some (about $5000.00 minimum to achieve that) There is no way in my opinion you can do this with those "Double Hump heads". Those are yesterdays tech and wont compare with todays aftermarket heads. Even with todays heads you still need alot of additional items to make 500 ponies! I would think with the specs on the motor you will be looking at a 300-350 hp motor at the most. Don't be fooled by a loud exhaust and a lumpy idle, even a 200 hp motor can do that. Let us know if you need more advise. Rick

I smell a rat... Or maybe the motor is really a big block. Be careful with this guy and check the credibility of the dyno facility. A dyno operator can calibrate to read anything. I sold my Dart Pro1s on Ebay for as much as this engine is going for. Believe me a cam and good valve train can run this much alone. Reliable hp costs big bucks. Re-read Grumpy's cost estimate. Good luck.

John