HybridZ

Q For Those Who Have Upgraded Their Turbo Oil Feed Line.Pics

Hi Gang - I decided to upgrade the stock straw sized turbo oil feed line. I will be running a No.4 size braided steel line with a TEE at the block for my oil pressure gauge.

I have a few questions:

1) Is this part with red arrow pointing to it just the sensor that tells the red light on the stock gauge that oil pressure is low? If so, then I am removing it...

61463163.jpg

2) At the turbo end, this oil feed line has a Banjo nut that is 12x1.25, I am having a HARD time getting an Earls or Aeroquip adapter to takes its place.

Basically I want to substitute this:

61463159.jpg

with this:

fcm2005.jpg

and then have a swivel hose end like this:

fcm4032.jpg

I even looked at an Aeroquip or Earls Banjo fitting as an alternative and the largest size bolt they can accomodate is a 10mm

-So I am stuck!-

I am open to ideas, please let me know what you guys have done.

Thanks and regards - Yasin

Thats your oil pressure sender which sends signal to your oil pressure gauge, making the needle move. I wouldn't remove it. Also, i'd do some searching before you make the feed any larger than what it is. I believe i've read that some have reduced the hardline size because they've found the stock line provides too much oil which will eventually start blowing by the turbo seal. Just a heads up.

all looks good.

YOu can simply install a "T" fitting and loose nothing.

make sure you use the restrictor to cut flow to the Turbo---even through the small 1/8" orifice in the stock "T" the turbo is over-oiled.

JeffP used a restrictor---check his webpage for the size he used...

Thanks for the feedback guys,

So are you saying that a -4 line is too large?

I will look into the restrictor, that's not the first time I have heard that it is good to run with one. I will check Jeff's website.

Jersey - I will be installing an Autometer Oil Pressure gauge, so I will not need the stock sending unit.

Kenny - Where did you get your 12mm (x1.25) to -4 adapter? That's exactly the same det-up I am shooting for, also are you running a restrictor with your -4 line and how long have you had your new -4 line installed - any probs issues with the oil seal in the turbo?

Regards - Yasin

Yasin,

Heres what I've got going on my set up. It just the stock bango fitting cut off and made into a new line after being clean in a strong solvent. he line cost me thirty bucks and seems to work fine so far. The size for the drill bit used in the restrictor is the next to smallest size in my drill bit set but, I can't remember the exact size.(sorry)

http://www.angelfire.com/space/nismo1turbo/indexturbo.html

I think the question is relevent to the thread so here goes.

I got the information from Hybrid Z. Where else could I find such good info.

Heres to links that I found from about a 1 1/2 years ago.

http://hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20415&highlight=turbo+oil+feed+line

http://hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=16424&highlight=turbo+oil+feed+line

I also talked to the guys at Majestic turbo and they verifed everything. So far so good.

Guys - I did some extensive checking today and Autometer makes a Restrictor its from -4 to 18NPT and has a .025 restriction which is way too small, but it can be drilled out to 0.080 with no probs.

This is what I have decided, I completed removed the stock oil sender unit that treads in the block. I will buy a steel tee and then fill the inlet with weld and then drill it out with an 0.080 drill but at my friend's machine shop. One leg of the TEE will go to the Turbo the other to my new Autometer pressure gauge.

Also...I am going to do away with the banjo fitting at the Turbo BUT re-use the stock bolt. I am going to drill the top of the 12mm banjo bolt (where the hex is) and weld a steel -4 adapter to it and then KAZAM...I have my connection for my -4 braided line!

Easy... good thing we have lunch breaks, the ideas only came to me then.

Pics to come soon.

Regards - Yasin