HybridZ

After Some Frustration..Turbo Oil Line Feed Complete.Pics!

Well I started the thread a week or so ago asking folks out there, the route they took to upgrade their turbo oil line feed.

I finally finished mine tonight.

My major considerations for my oil line upgrade was to:

1) Get rid of the banjo bolt on the turbo end

61463159.jpg

2) Get rid of the inverted flare end at the block

3) Have a Tee provison for my new Autometer oil pressure gauge at the block.

Here is the stock line removed:

61463147.jpg

Here is what I came up with:

I was going to run a swivel Tee at the block for the oil press. gauge and the turbo oil line feed and I thought the threads were 18" NPT, apparently it is not. It looked to be 18" BSPT and I did not want to retap the block so, I removed the stock oil pressure sender unit and separated it. My plan at this time was to re-use the stock factory Tee that already has the right male 18" BSPT threads, so:

62194131.jpg

I redrilled one of the stock Tee outlets so that a 18" NPT male could fit easily:

62194125.jpg

I then bought two 18" to -4AN connectors (75cents each). I had my buddy weld a slug into one of these connector ends to completely block it off then I drilled it out to 80thou - this served as my new Oil restrictor. The other 18" to -4AN connector was welded on as the adapter for the oil pressure gauge.

Here is the new Oil Restrictor:

62190402.jpg

At the turbo end I could not find a 12mmx1.25 adapter (checked Earls, Aeroquip and two massive hydraulic stores), so I removed the stock flange and welded yet another 18" to -4AN connector to it.

Here are all the fittings, and hose ready to go:

62190406.jpg

62190409.jpg

I connected the Earls elbows to the braided line myself as the Hydraulic stores never take the time to do it carefully and always gouge the sweet looking anodizing. The down side, is that making the hose takes for ever and the sharp steel ends of the hose has me bleeding like a stuck pig during assembly. The hose is a -4 size and the elbows are all -4AN. I used about 40" of hose for new line.

When I was threading the new Tee into the block one of the 18" to -4AN connectors was fouling on the side of the block that the oil filter is mounted to, so I had to get my dremel out with a cutting wheel and do some pursuasion, you can see it to the left of the picture with the shiny notched corner:

62190420.jpg

Here is everything installed and complete. Total cost about $110. For an additional $40 I got a new braided line for the Autometer Oil Pressure gauge with the Earls fittings to adapt it (more on that coming soon).

62190423.jpg

62190433.jpg

62190426.jpg

Hope that helps!

Regards - Yasin

I don't think you can make your own oil feed cheaper than this. In the end it costs about 20 dollars. And that is because I had to buy a 5 meter lenght of copper tubing.

The parts were bought at a general techno parts place.

oilfeed1.JPG

oilfeed2.JPG

I don't think you can make your own oil feed cheaper than this. In the end it costs about 20 dollars. And that is because I had to buy a 5 meter lenght of copper tubing.

The parts were bought at a general techno parts place.

oilfeed1.JPG

oilfeed2.JPG

that is nice Xander they did that so we can upgrade mine to 8) next time we need the parts

Guest 81na ZX
At the turbo end I could not find a 12mmx1.25 adapter (checked Earls, Aeroquip and two massive hydraulic stores),

Aeroquip PN# FCM-1070 : 12x1.25 to -6AN Banjo

Earl's PN# 991945ERL : 12x1.25 to -6AN union adapter

12x1.25 is used for Solex/Dell'Orto/Mikuni carb bowls, so if you look up that you can find it ;) I use one of the banjo's on my DSM to adapt the stock fuel filter to a -6 rail.