HybridZ

The highs and lows of the last 2 weeks

WickedWild

To start things off I scored the entire suspension and below from an 85 300zx. Brakes, springs, struts, cv half shafts, rear end, cross member, and even the brake lines EVERYTHING. For $40 Now the bad. I got a tank full of bad gas with lots of floties from Gas America. It clogged my fuel filter in 20 miles and I’ve talked with their corporate and they told me they were willing to pay me back for the gas, and that’s it. I ran the 1st fuel filter for 3 years and when I replaced it after the engine rebuild it was clean. Well 500 miles into this new filter, no problems, 20 miles after my fill up, CLOGGED. Right now I’m in debate on weather to call the lawyer, run it through small claims court, or just call it a loss and clean everything. What do you guys think I should do :?:

One thing is for sure, it will take a lot less time and effort to clean out your fuel system than to deal with the bureaucrat's, just for a small amout of $$$! Leave it alone and write it off to experience!!! And obviously, go to a better gas station. Just my .02 cents worth. :lol::roll:

Are you sure you didn't get a tank of Gasahol? The alcohol is a pretty good solvent that breaks free built up crud and clogs filters.

Either way, flush the tank (PITA) and stock up on fresh filters. If you want to get even, try draining the tank onto the ground and flushing it out at the pump of Gas America.

Are you sure you didn't get a tank of Gasahol? The alcohol is a pretty good solvent that breaks free built up crud and clogs filters.

Either way' date=' flush the tank (PITA) and stock up on fresh filters. If you want to get even, try draining the tank onto the ground and flushing it out at the pump of Gas America.[/quote']

Well that is what corparate told me might be the problem, I normaly don't use gas america gas because it's only 92 oct and I prefer to run the 94 or 93. But It took me 15 min and 20 miles to clog my filter. I thought it would take a little more time if that was the case.