HybridZ

Will they fit?

Guest zfan

Spoke to Jerry at All Z in Ft. Worth re: using a early 80's 15" Z wheel to house some 235-60-15 drag radials. They are for trips to the 1/4 mile track until I break down and buy some new wheels for racing this winter. 50 bucks for the rims is right down my alley for a few months :D

I am not sure if they will fit on my old drum brake 1971 240Z. Has anyone tried this combo? What is the offset on the old 6" rims?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

I came real close to trying it but ended up moving toward more universal duty tires that would fit my 16" rims. The lug pattern will fit your 240. Your old 6" wheels had a 0 offset and the 300ZX wheels have like a 30mm offset so you'd have to use spacers. They can, however, be made to work. Spacers would probably cost as much as the wheels. Then you're back to just buying a pair of lightweight steel wheels for about the same cost. Let's see, how many times did I go around that mountain? :lol:

Bill

PS: I live about 2-3 miles from Jerry's shop so if you come down this way let me know.

Jersey,

You sure those are an old set of 4 lug Turbo rims? If so, do you know what year that they are off of. Thanks for all the help.

Bill,

I probably will try to go to Jerry's tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks Guy's,

Mike

Well Jerry at All Z only had a set of 4 rims for sale. He did not want to break up the set so I found a yard in Plano, Carters who sold me 2 1982 ZXT rims for 60 bucks with lug nuts. Is that fare? Or did I get it in the seat of the pants :lol:

They are the Swastika type I think that is what they are called. Kind of narrow but my drag radials went right on. They are 10mm offset so I hope they will work as I will test fit tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for their imput.

Mike