HybridZ

Hope you FL guys make it through Charlie ok

wigenOut-S30

Crap,

Just waking up with a Ginormous hangover to hear the news about the Class 4 'cain that ripped the crap out of Ft. Myers and that area of Fl where I was born, and all my relatives live.

Hope everyone out there is ok, and I hope that those of you that know people out there get nothing but good news throughout the day.

major bummer.

That was a surprisingly nasty storm at my house - we saw 70 mph winds and I'm still without power at home ( I'm at work now). No big damage in my area.

The Orlando guys (ScottieGNZ, Z-Gad, Jeff, 280Zen, 1SickZ,etc ) were the ones that were in for a pounding- I heard of 105MPH winds at the O-town airport. Maybe some of them can report in....

Orlando is a mess in some parts but I came through fairly well with only some missing shingles. My parents lost a number of trees and none hit their house but I can't say the same for their neighbors. I still do not have power and I'm typing this via candle light on a laptop with a dial up connection. Life sucks at the moment but everyone is working very hard on the clean up and to restore utilities.

Guest 73TPIZ

Hope all you FL guys are ok. We caught a break here in SC that it didn't regain strength and move inland, just skirted up the coast.

Speeder, hopefully you don't have what we did from Hugo in '89. The damage where i live wasn't so bad, but our electricity was fed from Charleston a 100mi away that was hard hit. We didn't have power for 13 days. We got a little anxious after awhile but we knew the utilities people where working 'round the clock doing some dangerous work.

Take Care Guys.

I was living on James Island during Hugo, Thats the Island in charleston near the beach.. WHOLY COW.. that was the worse Hurricane I have been in for sure. We were without power for so long we came back down to Pensacola for a while to stay with some family. Take care guys.

heard it was pretty bad.

my aunt and uncle that lives in orlando lost there roof to there office, and there house is pretty bad.

my friend who lives there to lost his brand new project car (510)..

im am happy that my mom and dad are ok, there in tampa.

mike

Guest goldraven
Hope all you FL guys are ok. We caught a break here in SC that it didn't regain strength and move inland' date=' just skirted up the coast.

Speeder, hopefully you don't have what we did from Hugo in '89. The damage where i live wasn't so bad, but our electricity was fed from Charleston a 100mi away that was hard hit. We didn't have power for 13 days. We got a little anxious after awhile but we knew the utilities people where working 'round the clock doing some dangerous work.

Take Care Guys.[/quote']

Yeah, i lived in Columbia, SC. when we were hit with hugo. Way more intense than i thought it was going to be. Bottom line, hurricanes suck.

Guest BigWhyteDude

A buddy of mine was in Arcadia SP? visiting his dad when it hit. We talked to him the next day and he said that where he was wasnt hit to terrible bad. I hope all of you guys that are in FL are ok.

As for Hugo, I was at a Georgia Southern football game the night Hugo hit Ga. :D We got a CRAP load of rain. That game is known as the Hugo bowl here. My friends dad took pics of the game, if i can ill try and put up a pic of it.

Andrew

Ohhh cmon guys its cant be that bad during the war back home one time we went without power for about 7 months straight up :( but it was not such a biggie because for about five years we had power for four hours then no power for few weeks :D . Can anyone beat that?

Ivan

Well yes orlando got hit pretty nasty but mostly north orlando areas. Seminole and oceola are basically in ruins. Um lots of fallen trees many downed power lines and well utter chaos. The good news is we survived. we got off lucky. Heck remeber a while back Hurricane andrew. so i consider us lucky.

Cable is on but still no power. I have well & septic and after 3+ days of no running water, no bath :roll: and flushing the toilet with pool water, I broke down and dropped big $$$ on a generator. Almost 10 gals/day to keep that thing running. Too many people suffered worse fates so no complaining here. Hope all the other locals made it through OK.

I have well & septic and after 3+ days of no running water, no bath :roll:

No bath and no power, means you haven't been wrenching and you stink but have nothing to show for it. :-D Just kiding you. Glad you and our other FL members appear to have made it through mostly OK.

Glad to hear that you are OK Scottie. I thought about you and Mike when I saw coverage of how bad the east side of town took a hit. I don't believe the winds were as bad out on my side of town. Hope you get power soon but my parents and brother still don't have power either. I was lucky and got power back at 7:00 PM Sunday night so I was only out for two days.

I'll be heading back up to Orlando tomorrow morning, gotta stock up on gas and what not before I get there. Supposedly my apartment complex is one of the few around that never lost power, so lucky me I have 5 freeloaders over there sucking down A/C running up my power bill :evil: .

On another note, my uncle lost most of the roof on his house in Port Charlotte. All of the furniture inside was ruined as well. No insurance on it either, which is stupid because its about a million dollar house right on Alligator Bay in Charlotte County. Nobody could get up there in time to board it up since he lives here in Fort Lauderdale. Actually the winds didnt' ruin his house, a neighbor had a brand new huge house that literally came apart, sending its trusses through his front doors. Most of the back windows facing the gulf were fine.

My parents were able to get up to our lake place in Sebring and found that theres a lot of shingles missing so hopefully the roof isn't leaking, they'll be back up there on Friday or Saturday to check it out again.