HybridZ

JTR Radiator Kit

Georgia Flash

Hey guys its been a while since I posted last but I had to share something that I found yesterday by accident.

I was at work and bored and decided to surf the internet. I went to the JTR site and saw something there that I had not seen nor heard of before. It seems that JTR now offers a complete radiator kit for the Z car (radiator included) that is pretty affordable.

I ordered the kit yesterday and the guy says that it should be shipped today. I am getting closer to having all of the parts for my conversion. I would like to have them all before I begin my tear down so that everything will go smoothly when I start the rebuild process.

Yeah I have been worried for a while now about what radiator I was going to go with and how I was going to mount it up. This just made things so much easier for me make a decission.

By the way I checked with an engine builder in Acworth, GA (where I work) the other day and told him I wanted my engine to be capable of producing at least 300 hp. He said that he could build my 350 to do just that for around $2,800 and some change. Does this sound like a good deal? I still have to do some homework here in the Rome area where I live.

I dont know $2800 for a old 350 built to 300HP, seems kinda high. What kind of internals are we talking about? I guess I would pay a little more if the guy building it was really well known and has a rep. for being a great engine builder.

Look in the JEGS catalog and look at the prices of those engines. The GMPP 350H.O. is $2400 for a long block(no intake) If you get all the stuff they suggest with it its $3500. This engine produces 330HP and 380ft-lbs.

Guy

Yeah I have my own intake and carb. Edelbrock performer RPM #7101 intake and Edelbrock 600cfm carb #1406. That's another thing, I don't know his rep but like I said I am still doing my homework. I do know though that the skies the limit when it comes to having an engine built.

One of the things he talked about was decking the block. He said that I could have that left off if I wanted but he recommended having it done.

I have the Radiator kit too. Actually Mike Knell test fit it on my car around 7 months ago. The parts are all great quality and zinc plated. I haven't painted them and they lasted through the rainy season with no rust. Also the radiator is great. I didn't put the shroud on and no overheating at all this summer even in traffic. He does have provisions for the shroud going back on or a fan. Mine was one generation before though so I would have to drill 4 holes to put it back on. I haven't bothered though. It was a real easy swap too. Maybe 2 hours max. But that was with test fitting etc. I could do it way faster now having done it before. MikeJTR is Mike knell on the forum too. I still have my L28 in though, no v8 yet. So it will fit with that engine and a v8.

Hey Georgia Flash. Long time no see. Personally, for that kind of money I would go with a crate motor. For around the same amount of money you get a good warranty. The guy who built my motor lives down in Moultrie and it makes 300 hp for well under that amount. I even got to hear it run while he broke it in on his test stand before I brought it home.

Hello Darryl,

That sounds like a much better deal than what the guy in Acworth offered. I still have to do some checking around here before I make my final choice.

By the way I still have you in mind when the time comes to wire up the 350 in the Datsun :D

How's your car running? Do you have it painted as of yet? If so I would like to see some pics.

Take care.

Charlie B.

Kit came in the other day! I was very pleased by the packaging of the the radiator. The upper and lower brackets also look pretty good as is without any paint. I still haven't made up my mind yet if I will paint mine or not.

Ah the parts that I need to start my conversion are getting shorter. However, I am afraid to set a dead line like I have in the past. I was supposed to have a running V8Z by August of 2002 :cry: