HybridZ

Update: RB25DET in Z31

Dramier

Some new updated pictures showing various parts of the work. How do you like the interior? hehehe...

Notice the -lack- of hood clearance. 3" CF hood to fix that problem.

I'm not going to post the individual pics here since there are 10 of them, but here is the directory. Just browse at will, but be warned the images are 1290x960 or some huge size like that. Sorry about the quality, but they are the best I could get with my PDA right now. My buddies EOS Rebel is being fixed.. bent pins.. :(

Feel free to comment/question/advice/complain/opinion, but I may not be able to answer very quickly since I have -alot- of work left to do on the car as you can tell, in the interior section mainly.

Peace.

http://shenclub.org/images/Bones/

These are the same pics as on Zcar.com and Z31.com, so if you viewed them there, no need to look again.

my first z was a z31 and evert since learning the zr200 came with the rb20 I've wanted to drop an rb26 into one, you only .1 liters shy of my dream z31 :) so I guess you found the zr mounts and oil pan to make the swap a bolt in? did it bolt to the z31 tranny or did it require the rb trans? and if so you use a zr tranny mount? and did you wire it up or using a stand alone ?

Definitely cleaning up the cuts. There's still some other front rust to treat and remove as well, mainly below the headlights behind the nose piece.

The whole car got mostly sanded down over the weekend, and we re-dyed the entire interior, with only the dash left to do.

200ZR mounts will not work with the RB25. You have to make custom mounts.

Hood clearance issues aren't a problem. Carbon Fiber 3" cowl induction hood to take care of that.

Runs' date=' but haven't put a driveshaft in to see how it really runs.. heh.[/quote']

What was the problem? The rb20det and the rb25det are very similar and i would have bet 1000 buX the zr31 rb20 mounts would have bolted right in.