HybridZ

help with choosing exhuast side for T61

spork

Well, after hours of looking at compressor maps, I've decided that a Garrett T61 turbo will put me exactly where I want. The only thing is, I'm not real up on t series turbos and need help choosing the appropriate exhaust side. This is a 70% drag car, 30% street car. It will probably be eventually a 100% drag car. Anyways, i don't weant to rev the crap out of the engine(past 6500) to get power so quick spool up is a concern. I'm running the l28et with the reguired to handle the power. I'm currently running a T3/T40E hybrid that just isn't cutting the mustard at the 25psi that I'm running on it, and wanting to run on the new turbo. So help me out guys. What A/R exhaust should I want to run...68, 70, 84? And what trim exhuast wheel. By the way, check out the webiste I'm looking at...awesome prices on turbos.

http://www.turbocalculator.com/sale-garrett.php

I'm hoping to purchase on tuesday, so quick responses are appreciated. Thanks.

DO NOT get a Powermaster Turbo. You will be crying when you only saved $50 and you blow the turbo. The parts are not interchangable between Garrett/Turbonetics. I can sell you a turbo better than that at a comparable price. This will be a BRAND NEW Garrett turbo. Shoot me an e-mail if interested.

turbo@speedshopthagard.com

cheap turbos wants $12XX.XX for their T61...thats more than I can float for sure!

T series/ big shaft turbos go for that. If this is a 70% drag car and you are talking 25 psi then I assume you are not running pump gas. If that's the case I would go larger than a 61. Alot of 2JZ guys run up to 74mm compressors on the street and make silly power at 25-30 psi on C16.

I'm running a T58 with O trim /.70 a/r on the 7m, not much larger than the L28 but doesn't rev as high. You have another 500-1000 usable rpm's so lag wouldn't be as much of an issue as you can rev a little more. A 63-67 mm compressor will be my next turbo, P trim .68/.70 a/r, when I find a deal on a used one. On my L28 I run a T4 with O trim an .69 a/r. That spools just fine too but to do again I would try a P trim.

Well, I've been doing a lot of search about the Master Power Turbos. Seems like the turbo mustang guys and turbo buick guys are starting to buy the crap out of these and love them. Haven't been any complaints at all about them. Many of them have been running them for quite a while now. At the price of $649 for a T61, I could buy 2 Master Power turbos for the price of one garret turbo. Like I said...do some searching yourself...just because its a newer name doesn't mean it isn't still a quality product. I've talked to a guy running one on his 2.2 dodge and he loves it. I'm still undecided as to what direction I'm going to go. James is getting me prices tomorrow morning and I'll decide then. they';ve got good prices on tial wastegates too...not sure what I think of thier "generic" ones tho. I guess a guy would just have to try them out.

Has anyone here, actually run a master power turbo themselves?