HybridZ

Zcar Pantera Hatch Drawing

RacerX

• 2 years later...

Ernie: FYI this past year at the MSA Show there was a Met. Blue Z that had that exact Pantera Piece molded into it. The car belonged to a Japanese guy out of the Los Angles area. Looked pretty trick. In the early '70's there was an article written about a "Z" owned by Evil Kenevil, who had that same Pantera look, but it was also chopped and channeled. Thought you might get a chuckle out of hearing that. I will look for the magazine. I've got it archieved somewhere. All the best.

VAN

A hatch modified like this, perhaps mocked up with a plywood "window", would be a great addition to the proposed wind tunnel tests mentioned elsewhere. (Can't find the thread at the moment).

I've been considering a Pantera like modification for some time in hopes that it would help drag/mileage. I know HybridZ isn't about mileage, but I want it all.:rolleyesg

<>

Hi Van!

Thanks for that info. I actually had the magazine article that did the entire buildup for EK! Carl Green did the customizing. I still have ingrained in my head how he made up the rear tail light section out of plastic. That car was named "Evil Eagle". You know! - I believe Evil's car was the first Zcar to have the drip rails removed when Carl started the cutomizing for EK's car.

Thanks for the memories Van!

Speaking of which - I came across some old pics of "creative customizing" back in 1978 of the Zcars. Zcars were very popular back then for "customizing" and there were quite a few vendors providing 'glass parts.

If anyone is interested in seeing some of these pics - I'd be glad to post some - I just don't want to bore anyone with "old school" stuff!

Ernie/RacerX