HybridZ

STOP IT! ALL OF YOU! MY WIFE CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!! RANT

Guest 305240

Please, I'm on my knees begging all of you...Don't post anymore mods! My wife can't afford anymore! Just when I get it all figured out in my head, and buy the parts I need, some wizeguy comes up with a new trick gotta have mod! Then I have to change my plans and it costs the wife more money! But I did put a limit on her. I told her no more than 3 jobs. Kinda nice of me don't ya think? I mean, after all, she is my wife and pays for all my toys. I'm the retired one and get to play. I just don't want to over work her. She might stop going to work altogether! Then where would I be?

So far, I've changed engine choices 3 times, colors twice, tail lights 4 times, seats twice, shifters twice, headlights twice, not to mention the parking lights and custom grill. I won't even mention the wheels. I've got 3 different sets now. I have so many parts I could build another hybrid. Hey! That's a thought! Why not? I just won't tell her what I'm doing. She will think I'm still working on the first one. Sometimes I'm so smart it scares me. One note: I've still got my sidepipes going on the car.

Please be kind to an old man. I still want to enjoy my second childhood.

Well, if the truth be known, she's into Z cars also. She bought her 86 coupe. Bought a new set of Falkens for it. It took her 1 1/2 months to find the wheels she wanted. She did the pinstriping. She bought an 81 turbo for me. That one was 2 grand. She isn't complaining on how I'm building my 240. All she says is: it's your car, build it the way you want it. Only trouble is I get accused of buying every Z car that is for sale I see. Heck, even the club members say I'll buy them all. It's got so they don't tell me about them anymore. At one time I had 10 of them in my driveway, that's counting parts cars. I still don't have all of them home yet. I live on a mountain side and parking is a premium. She started complaining when she couldn't turn around and had to back out all the way. So I stripped the parts cars and hauled them off. Now I have a spot for 1 more. Now, lets see....There's this nice 72 240 california Z that the guy wants 400 bux for...Hmmmm