HybridZ

Update!! The Chicken Coop car is on the rotisserie..Pictures

LS1240Z

I finally got the car back from the guy who was building my cage. I stripped all the body parts off it and put it on the rotisserie as you can see.I'm in the middle of removing the existing frame rails and replacing them with 1X3 inch square tubing from front to back for re-enforcement.The under carriage looks pretty clean and not all dented up like most 240's I've seen.It's not even rusty on there.Sucks I had to tear into it :( . I cut the spare tire area out also so I can install the Camaro gas tank. I already made the mounts and are ready for install.All the body parts are getting media blasted tomorrow and the shell is getting it next week.They are blasting the complete undercarriage, wheel wells, engine bay and of course the exterior.I'm getting the under carriage sprayed with Line-X.I will be lookin for a good body shop in about month around the SF Bay Area. Anybody know of a good one????I don't want to spend over $4500 and I will be picky...Sorry.I don't mind spending a little more but I want it done right.

For the most part.....the project is moving right along with out problems except for the $$$$ like most of us, but it's not slowing me down.I plan on completing restoring this car and practically replacing every nut and bolt by January 1, 2005. Let me know what you guys think......

normal_DSC01329.JPG

normal_DSC01332.JPG

normal_DSC01334.JPG

normal_new%20Pictures%20215.jpg

normal_DSC01322.JPG

I have this front valance that I dont need so I will be ebaying it real soon.What do you guys think it's worth?It's in pretty good condition.

normal_DSC01313.JPG

normal_new%20Pictures%20267%7E0.jpg

Yeh...I'm glad about not having to and rust repair at all.I removed all the sound deadner from the in side.I was told there is usualy rust under neith it, but still clean with out a speck.I took a picture of the floor board before I removed it.

amazing huh!!! No rust at all there!! Almost a shame to have to do all that work to that car since most old Z's like it require a rotisserie and a lot of rust repair. It really looks new!! Can't wait to see it when you are done.

Well....when ever someone emails me or call me about stuff I'm selling from the car......Everyone knows this car as the chicken coop Z. Other guys put my old posting on a few other Z sites so basicly, I get emails from California to NY and all the way from Australia.I dont have alot of fans in Australia.They dont like what I'm doing to the car.One of them should have bought it then when it was on ebay.

So is that gonna be the official name of your Z?

the "Chicken Coop Z" :D:D

Your going to completely restore/mod this car in 3.5months! :shock: Like as in LS1 installed and running all painted and everything! :shock: Thats crazy!

I personally love what your doing to that car. When I do a 240Z conversion some day that is exactly what I will be looking for. I would rather spend good money on a car with no rust than a cheaper car with rust and have to spend weeks/months fixing it.

Guy

"dont have alot of fans in Australia.They dont like what I'm doing to the car.One of them should have bought it then when it was on ebay."

Mate over here our steering wheels are on the right side of a car, which makes a LHD zed about as useless as tits on a bull. Its not my cup of tea, but i am sure its going to be a wicked Z when its done.

Chris

Well....when ever someone emails me or call me about stuff I'm selling from the car......Everyone knows this car as the chicken coop Z. Other guys put my old posting on a few other Z sites so basicly' date=' I get emails from California to NY and all the way from Australia.I dont have alot of fans in Australia.They dont like what I'm doing to the car.One of them should have bought it then when it was on ebay.
So is that gonna be the official name of your Z?

the "Chicken Coop Z" :D:D

Well' date=' it's not like you didn't give 'em a chance to purchase the CCZ. By the way that is really a clean and rust free car. :2thumbs:

Mate over here our steering wheels are on the right side of a car, which makes a LHD zed about as useless as tits on a bull. Its not my cup of tea, but i am sure its going to be a wicked Z when its done.

Chris

LOL!!! tits on a bull! :lol: