HybridZ

My only project making any PROGRESS

BillZ260

This is MAINLY why I don't have time or money to work on the Z....

MY HOUSE. It's almost never ending but fun non-the-less. Will start with the pool table, wish I would have taken some before pictures. Our den is a 30+' by 16' room that was almost totally empty so I got a table for free but it needed 'work', lots of it here it is amidst renovation...

103_0304.jpg

Behind you can see a picture window frame and a door frame, these were inbetween our living room and Den (which used to be a porch).

103_0303.jpg

We also had some french doors here but moved them into the dining room to have more privacy in the master b room....

103_0305.jpg

Turn your head to the Right

103_0302.jpg

From the den side this is the hole that needed to be filled and I thought a wall was too boring

103_0306.jpg

From the living room side...

103_0308.jpg

103_0301.jpg

This is my first cabinet project, so far so good. I bought the lowers from home depot, they are pretty cheap but have Red Oak facia, the rest I built with 3/4" red oak ply wood and 1x2 and 1x3 trim. I am going to attemt to build some speakers for the top shelves with some help from an audiophile buddy, and screen them in. The TV opening is just right for Samsungs 50" DLP, which I will have to save up for, all the audio video stuff will be in the double cabinets below. Oh, and since my wife never had any video games as a child she is currently working her way through almost ALL the systems and Mario games (her fav). SO we will have NES, SNES, PS2, N64, and Possibly an XBOX plumed in there too. So, as all this is happening, my poor Z is neglected and collecting saw dust!

rearshot.jpg

I sympathsize, just finished with a new roof, new storms and aluminum wrap got done yesterday, and siding/guttering starts tomorrow. New 20x40 Dormer is getting built in the attic, then perhaps I can rebuild the 80 year old single car garage into something acceptable. $35,000 later, and still not a penny in the Z..... :?

On the upside, I get a new office/computer room, with a 23 inch LCD for secondary computer display, and finally can set up my home theatre equipment when the dormer gets finished.

I can sympathize as well. I've been finishing building a built-in entertainment center, wine cellar :2thumbs: and some landscaping on my home. Additionally, I've gutted/rebuilt a bathroom on my rental house, as well as repaint the entire interior/exterior, rip up the yard (including two very large trees) install underground sprinklers and re-sod the entire place. My renters are almost living in a nicer place than I am.

In the mean time, my poor little Velo Rossa has gathered an inch of dust and hasn't gotten so much as a glance in it's direction since last spring... :(

• 1 year later...

Just thought I'd close this one out! Well it's not totally finished but, are they ever? I'll see if I can dig up the before and post some afters too. To finish up the floors I need to get rid of this, so anyone in the area feel free to take it off my hands! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7230103948&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

LOL...how odd... i just pm'ed you about being in tulsa and was just talking to my Dad about how a pool table woudl go gret in my den.. and i decided to look at some of your postings to see if you had in pics of your z up and your selling a pool table.. go figure lol

Guy is coming to get the pool table next Sat, with that cash, I'll buy up the clutch parts I need and my drive shaft ordered :)

Picking up a pushrod checker Wed (had to be ordered) and will continue work on the long block as well. I'm kinda freaking out now because this thing is actually starting to come together!

They got dropped from the hosting site at some point. I'll venture to guess that they are gone forever since I have a different computer now. I'll look to see what I can find and repost. Once this table is gone we'll be able to finish up the room. (floors, lighting ceiling)