HybridZ

slave cylinder

Cody 82 ZXT

I carry rebuild kits for the clutch master and slave in my glovebox, if that gives you hints on how reliable they are. I have made it 3 years on this slave cyl, but my car sits for 6 months a year. I have a turbo flywheel and an aftermarket 240mm clutch. Does yours blow the seal in the slave? You may want to try an OEM nissan one, maybe the dimensional control/surface finish of the jobber parts isn't so good.

Doug

I think the important things is to keep the fluid fresh, the boot clean and make sure it has a tight seal on the housing and pin. Once the inside bore gets a little contaminated, the seal will most likely blow soon after. I think a hydrolic TO bearing would be the way to go and just eliminate the slave and the second weak link, the pivot arm that i just blew through this past weekend. Just my opinions. Good luck!

Thanks for the advise guys.

Seems like everytime I pull them apart the inside is rusty and some times the piston is worn on one side more then the other. I guess I'll buy a Nissan one in a few months and see what that does. If I get a chance maybe I'll pull this one off and seal the boot with some RTV and see if that helps keep all the water out of it. Maybe that will help it last longer also.

Take one of your old slaves and have it Stainless Steel sleeved. It will last almost forever.....

Thats a good idea. I had also thought about polishing the bore to see if that would help it seal longer. I think the stainless sleeve sounds like a good idea. I guess as long as the sleeve doesn't get scratched you could just put in a rebuild kit every few years as maintinence.

"Let George do it"... That's the busines/motto of George Frechette, who has specialized in sleeves in stainless steel. The work he did for me a few years back looked good.

His number at the time was (413) 467-9218 or (800) 528-5235, address was 14 Cedar Drive, Granby MA 01033. Would be interesting to know if he's still in the business.