HybridZ

Ugh... now the Z isn't starting up anymore. LS1 PCM help...

Well... all sorts of things have gone wrong since the coolant explosion at the inspection place.

An immediate effect was a new fault in my starter switch; the gauges/accessories would turn on, my PCM diagnostics light would come on, but the car wouldn't crank unless you turned the key about 20 times! :roll:

I brought it to a shop to have the switch replaced and now there are more problems.

The put a new switch in... nothing. No crank, no PCM diagnostics light... nothing. So they put the old switch back in... this is where it gets wierd:

Now the engine will crank & crank & crank, but it won't turn over! Apparently the PCM is not getting any power anymore and the diagnostics light doesn't turn on anymore... it isn't sending any information to the diagnostics port now or to the injectors/plugs.

What could be getting in the way of letting the PCM get it's power??? Is it possible that the VATS is re-engaged somehow? I know my stock 300zx alarm was plugged back in... so I told the shop how to disable it. But whatelse might it be?

I'm hoping it's something relatively simple, but something in the back of my mind tells me that a bunch of relays and fuses were blown when the coolant explosion happened. :cry: I'm going to be sick if that's the case... :puke:

Is it possible that the shop has overlooked something and forgot to plug everything back in? I don't see how it's possible for the car to work (even though it took 20 key turns it still turned over), and then once they reinstalled all of the SAME parts... now it doesnt work??? How is that possible? :?

-Vann

My neighbor washed the floor mats of his truck with a pressure washer. When he was done it wouldn't run. All kinds of odd symptoms. I finally convinced him to take compressed air and disconnect and dry each and every connection under his dash. After a couple of hours of this it all worked.

So I guess I wouldn't try too hard diagnosing symptoms. Start simple and make sure everything is clean, dry and tightly connected. I would literally disconnect each and every plug and blow it out with compressed air.

That's good advice. Dont forget the computer conections. From you pics it looks like liquid could collect there. Your overheating might be air trapped in the heads, pull the vent tube by the TB and purge the system. That tube should be running to the radiator intake to keep the air out of the system.

I would check the basics. I wouldn't think vats could re-engage. How did you by-pass? Go up to the sticky for LS1 wiring. Check your power and grounds. I would bet one is not there. I wouldn't think the ecu got wet, They are, some what sealed.

Good Luck and keep us informed

JOEY