HybridZ

Anyone interested in a Carbon Fiber Cowl induction hood?

Guest 240ZZ4

Uh, don't even consider ram air as a benefit guys, cold air is the benefit. At 180mph+ you'd be gaining a maximum of 5-10hp from the ram air effect from a well designed SYSTEM. (ie: more than just a hood) It's not worth worry about unless you are racing and high speeds and looking for every last ounce of performance.

However, cool air will give you much more in the way of benefits at lower speeds.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course we like it its only the best looking hood to grace a z!!! I love it. I dont like cowl hoods though especially the huge cobra one :( Something subtle modern and functional fits my bill. I even like the stock hood bulge raised a little like the subtle z hood. Its functional discreet and looks good.

I ordered the Harwood Mustang Cobra R hood yesterday from Jegs. When it gets here I'll take it down to Stan's and we'll cut it up and get it to fit the 240Z hood mold. We will retain the stock Z hood center bulge and fit the scoop over it. I can't get rid of the hood bulge without making a new hood mold.

Guest mike321go

i would like a carbon fiber hood for my 1976 datsun 280z. i like the stock hood but am open to your ideas. i would like some photos of your work and prices. i want all stock fittings (latches) to work on it as well.

I got the Harwood Cobra R hood and here are some comparison shots with a stock 240Z hood.

HoodComparison1.jpg

HoodComparison2.jpg

HoodComparison3.jpg

It looks like the stock 240Z hood bulge will have to go. The hood will look pretty much like the Cobra R hood except it will be a bit longer and fit the 240.

• 2 months later...
I'll have a price only after I build one. I'm shooting for under $500 for a fiberglass hood with a layer of CF on the top to give that CF look. Vents will be up to the buyer. It should be fairly easy to cut them using a Rotozip.

What happend to this? I want one?

Busy making and selling regualr CF hoods for the Z. We've got the splash done from the Cobra R hood and we just need a break in the work schedule to make the mold. This time of year is very busy and "Stan, Stan, the Carbon Fiber Man" is busy making parts for Formula Atlantic and IRL cars.

Busy making and selling regualr CF hoods for the Z. We've got the splash done from the Cobra R hood and we just need a break in the work schedule to make the mold. This time of year is very busy and "Stan, Stan, the Carbon Fiber Man" is busy making parts for Formula Atlantic and IRL cars.

Just let me Know when "your ready" to sell Ill take 1 or 2 if i get a break on shipping XD XD

• 1 month later...