HybridZ

Gauging interest in Custom Hood................

Poundz9oh9

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the latest guys.........

And of course some of the content was edited!

Here's a bone for the wolves....have them look at the

priceing details of (competitors site),they'll notice that they don't

EVEN offer a "bolt-on" arrangment for their hoods or hatches,and the total

price for a CF visible hood and a back sub-structure (pin-on only ,mind you)

is like 1200.00$ in a Polyester resin(cheap stuff) !!!

The only other CF hood advertized out there for the Z or S30 is 599.00$

and isn't even available for production yet !!

So ....given that,I feel the price for a true CF bolt-on hood (

utilizing factory bolt points and latch's) at 635.00 stock and 765.00$

custom ( edited ) (or other [edit] design) is quite a good deal !

[edited] I hope the serious buyers out there will appreciate it too !Of course there will always be the [people] out there who are not able to afford even a stock steel hood,and they will probably "flame" the prices, but I can't do this for free and they know it !

Remind them ...I'll only work with the good stuff,like Epoxy

resin,carbon ,kevlar,nomex.Not to mention that I'm using a far better

technique in the use of "Vacuum infusion Epoxy Resin" instead of poyester

vacuum bagged and NO standard substructure and "bolt-on" design !!

Copy and paste this if you like.....it might help your point and get

rid of the [tire kickers] !lol

Just some info regarding the numerous requsts for pricing I've received.

It's still unkown when exactly the hoods will be available for sale, but we're not far from it. They'll be here sooner than you think. :D

Well, then they don't know about mine:

http://www.betamotorsports.com/products/index.html

Datsun 240/260/280Z carbon fiber/Nomex core race hood - $648.00

and if you need it to bolt onto the stock hood hinges and use the stock hood latch:

Carbon fiber inner mounting frame for the carbon fiber race hood - $194.00

And yes, PTM&W Aeropoxy, bagged, cooked, and with a Nomex honeycomb core.

Well' date=' then they don't know about mine:

http://www.betamotorsports.com/products/index.html

Datsun 240/260/280Z carbon fiber/Nomex core race hood - $648.00

and if you need it to bolt onto the stock hood hinges and use the stock hood latch:

Carbon fiber inner mounting frame for the carbon fiber race hood - $194.00

Good point John C........So the ONLY other option out there is The hoods farmed out for JohnC, that are 1044.00$ :shock: in Clear coated CF that have a back sub-structure !

John,are these something the customer pulls from the carton ,attatch the factory hardware,and then simply "bolt right on" ??With NO other work needed ? :?

And "yes" POUNDS9, hood is here and is looking good !Between your "Warrior" hood and the other three designs I have for "Vintage Tech Z" line-up,I think EVERYONE will have something they like as long as they do want original designs on the "factory Hood" base.

So feel free to E-mail me with serious inquiries or pre-orders.

Thanks for chiming in JohnC ! :-D

..................Vince

The hoods farmed out for JohnC, that are 1044.00$ in Clear coated CF that have a back sub-structure !

Its actually $950 optioned as you list. (648 + 194 +108)

John,are these something the customer pulls from the carton ,attatch the factory hardware,and then simply "bolt right on" ??With NO other work needed ?

Nope, you need to drill and tap 6 holes on the hood itself. We didn't do that because the position of the holes will determine fitment and EVERY Z its a little bit different.

Most of the CF hoods I've sold have been to racers who don't need the inner frame or the ability to mount to the stock hinges. The couple I've sold for the street have been fiberglass with a layer of CF on top. That hood runs $475 but doesn't have Pound's cool hood scoop.

FYI... I'm not trying to say, "Buy my hood..." Pound's hood is cool and I like the SS scoop, it fits the look of the Z very well. If you like that style, buy it. I just took a little exception to his builder saying there isn't anything else out there.

Thanks John for being a "good sport" in all of this. I was anticipating more negative oposition actually ! Your responses are well warranted and thus I look forward to meeting you someday in my frequent travels.

:roll: Sorry about the mathmatical error too !lol. I didn't mean for that to look like "yellow journalism",but it did.

Of course I have NO intention doing hoods for the Z that are already in existance or are others original designs (eg; Cowl).I feel it in the best interest for all involved that everyone will find the style they prefer more easily if there are more "CHOICES" and less "COMPETION" in our construction efforts. (don't you ?) :)

So here we go ,lets "git er' done".

....................Vince 8)

Thanks John for being a "good sport" in all of this. I was anticipating more negative oposition actually ! Your responses are well warranted and thus I look forward to meeting you someday in my frequent travels.

:roll: Sorry about the mathmatical error too !lol. I didn't mean for that to look like "yellow journalism"' date='but it did.

Of course I have NO intention doing hoods for the Z that are already in existance or are others original designs (eg; Cowl).I feel it in the best interest for all involved that everyone will find the style they prefer more easily if there are more "CHOICES" and less "COMPETION" in our construction efforts. (don't you ?) :)

So here we go ,lets "git er' done".

....................Vince 8)[/quote']

:2thumbs: I like that.... thats the way to handle something properly !!

Thanks John for being a "good sport" in all of this. I was anticipating more negative oposition actually !

No opposition at all. Pound's hood style is his. I won't make a hood that looks like that 'cuz it was his idea.

Unlike politicians and Microsoft, a small business cannot succeed by tearing down other small businesses. Their markets are too small and everyone knows everyone else. Word gets around quickly, both positive and negative, and a reputation is pretty much all a small business has to live by.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...