HybridZ

Gauging interest in Custom Hood................

Poundz9oh9

Hey guys, this thing is still in the works!!!! Perfection takes time ;)

I've been ready for mine for a while now, but I'm assured that the project hasn't fallen by the wayside. Just second in line to a rather large and time consuming previous order.

This specific hood design has really had some thought done during the engineering process and I can say that it's not just a couple pieces of random metal slapped together but rather a well thought out and planned piece. As well as being the first of it's kind. Oh, there will also be a couple little design surprises that will be revealed closer to a product run........

Thank you, and we now return you to your regularly scheduled HybridZ programming.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates on timeframe. I know Vince has been super busy with other obligations.

I am hoping to be making these again this Summer. We were actually quite close last year, but I held back in order to play out some theories. Which I'm glad I did.

Shortly after that ( about 6 months) the Arizona hood with the smaller scoop was produced by 280zone.Which filled the gap for some.

I feel we have a great functional uprated design to offer as well as keeping with the Z hood lines and adding some muscle to its appearance and exellent cooling properties !I also think you'll find the fact that there will be no trimming or cut-outs to deal with as well as the edges are rolled or finished completely as opposed to a raw edge.

So stay tuned. Good things to come.

.................Vinny 8)

can you guys give a ballpark price range.... if its in the ballpark of 900 ill know not to wait up... ive been needing a hood ever since i bought my z so i can insure it an drive it, please let me know if you can, thanks

I'm willing to give a ballpark price of 525-600 for the scooped,vented Warrior hoods in Fiberglass with a gelcoated , rolled edge finish.

There will be NO additional trimming or sanding needed with this design.

There will be a limited run of Carbon Fiber skinned hoods and an even fewer run of FULL carbon hoods with a price to reflect this.

Production dates TBA later this year. As in all things custom....I'd advise to get a standard part to cover your engine's bay in the mean time.

Cheer's, Vinny

If you want one delivered to your door within 10 days or so just let me know. If opening the front scoop is an issue that can be included at no extra charge. I choose to have them built closed to allow the customer the choice of openings. I also promise you the surface is as good as any other product that exists. I worked with some of the best fiberglass and fabricators to create my hood and worked very hard to keep the price reasonable but the quality exceptional. Shipped to your door (lower 48 states) for $500.

I'll be happy to discuss my product and the customers needs with anyone that is interested. If my product won't suit your needs I don't want you to buy it. I have seen to many people buy something they wanted only to get frustrated trying to make it work.

If you want one delivered to your door within 10 days or so just let me know. If opening the front scoop is an issue that can be included at no extra charge. I choose to have them built closed to allow the customer the choice of openings. I also promise you the surface is as good as any other product that exists. I worked with some of the best fiberglass and fabricators to create my hood and worked very hard to keep the price reasonable but the quality exceptional. Shipped to your door (lower 48 states) for $500.

I'll be happy to discuss my product and the customers needs with anyone that is interested. If my product won't suit your needs I don't want you to buy it. I have seen to many people buy something they wanted only to get frustrated trying to make it work.

Or Yes....as 280zone mentions,and as I have also done to initial inqueries, buy his. I have had his hood in my hands and it is well made to standard.

The main difference in the Warrior as opposed to his hood is ours doesent have raw cut edges,rather I built the mold to utilize a "Rolled edge" which looks more like a factory edge and needs no further attention .

Also the Warriors front scoop is wider and also has more intake area for flow allowed. Another point is that the scoop leading inlet edge is 5" further forward making good use of the pressure in that zone.

One more stand out in designs was the cowl panel body lines still flow into the S30 bulge lines in a seamless transition.

There were many of my friends that asked me if they should wait for the Warrior and I did indeed tell them to buy the 280zone hood if they wanted one right now. Thats the beauty of having choices finally for our Z's.

Besides, we never seem to have any problems reselling a Z related aftermarket item....if one chooses to change something .

..........Cheers, Vinny

Vinny, I am glad to hear you have actually seen my hood and can appreciate that they are made to "standard". I am not sure who's hood you saw, I only hope it is the one I actually sell. You are also correct that I did no "performance" evaluation of the scoop placement I choose aesthetics over function since I have more horsepower than I can get to the ground as it is.

I am disappointed you named your hood the name of my L6 car though. : )

Vinny' date=' I am glad to hear you have actually seen my hood and can appreciate that they are made to "standard". I am not sure who's hood you saw, I only hope it is the one I actually sell. You are also correct that I did no "performance" evaluation of the scoop placement I choose aesthetics over function since I have more horsepower than I can get to the ground as it is.

I am disappointed you named your hood the name of my L6 car though. : )[/quote']

Hi Robert, ....please don't get me wrong about your hood. I think it looks great too ! I really do. In fact I'm really glad your crew made them for several reasons. One being selfish in that it removed some pressures from anxious hood buyers on me.As I mentioned earlier...I actually have convinced several hood buyers to go with yours due to their needs and timeframes. I would always rather see a fellow HB-z'er get the order than just some retailer on the outside.

The name "Warrior" was adopted due to the fact that the first one of us to have this design on his Z was Marcus ( Pounds909) and since he was in the military currently....I thought it appropriate as a way to remember several things including the period.

I'm certain you'll have many more yet to sell due to your exellent turn around ability using your friends shop and the fact that your hood is "DONE,DONE", lol.,wheras mine is staring at me in the last stage I had to leave it in during travel schedules and the house move.

I also would like to mention that our hood designs are different enough from each other that we should both be able to share the markets with no concerns, really.

The benifit of the designed "COOLING" functions of the Warrior hood isn't to get horsepower to the ground,but rather to prolong the life and function of the horsepower maker...items IN the engine bay.

quote:Sonomaz

Do you have a link to pictures of the final product? I'm interested in aquireing one.

Paul

Hi Paul,

The pictures I have of the Warrior hood are for "In house" use only at the moment. But I will post up pix of it by Spring I estimate.Thanks for your interest !

Vinny 8)