HybridZ

LT1 Dyno Numbers?

Those with LT1's, what is your LT1 w/ the T56 hybrids putting down to the wheels on the stock engine? (Headers and exhaust mods are fine) What I'm trying to figure out is how much of a gain is there with the deletion of the A/C and power steering.

If you have a LT1 with an automatic, please feel free to post your info too. Hell, anyone with a LT1 please post stock or modified dyno numbers and or charts. TIA.

Thanks again. Before I install the turbo system, I am going to run the LT1 stock and make sure that everything is functional (i.e. get any bugs worked out). It is an intercooled set up and I intend to run only 8 psi on it until my spare shortblock is machined. :twisted:

• 1 year later...

331whp

lt1 freshly rebuilt 355 econo build

stock heads, lt4 hotcam package, sanderson shorties, custom exhaust, tuned with tunercat on 91 octane, safe tune. Electric water pump, no ac/ps

Installing progressive dynotune 150shot next week, and tuning. Hoping for 480whp

The numbers are in my sig.... sorry, not even close to stock.

The A/C not engaged has virtually no load and the power steering is minimal, so it may be worth a couple of HP... hardly worth mentioning.

• 4 months later...
Guest nite raider

I have a 1997 tran am my Question is wich LT1 engine do i have? It has iron block alum.heads vin number has a P for the motor . sticker says to use Z rated tires. is it a 325 hp or 350 hp can any body give me a way to fine out'. it really quick my mechanic says it run better than most vetts he's work on.:D :D :cheers: