HybridZ

RB25DET'd 280Z Header Pics

240Z Turbo

Its a 6 into 1. I will answer that part for him :D but let him respond to the source....

I was going to go that route' date=' but went with the twin set up, mainly for low speed responce, and mostly for the WOW factor... :shock:[/quote']

Thanks joel got the source :>

I ran the final tube last night. However, it was done at my buddies shop and when I did the fit on the car it is too close to the valve cover. No worries, chopped off the tube and rotated it away from the valve cover for clearance and I will rerun the short piece I cut out this weekend. Cut the front of the intake plenum to angle the TB correctly before I weld on the TB plate and finally mounted the intercooler permanently. Can now run the IC piping.

header10.jpg

header6.jpg

header7.jpg

header8.jpg

header9.jpg

:D Looks even better now James (of course ) I think it would certainly confuse a "Lab Rat " though ! :wink: lol.

Just curious to the final "WEIGHT" of the header ?? Were you after a "Equal Length" header in the end as well,or mainly just "Packaging" where you wanted it in front of the shock tower ??

..................Vince

i think it looks great!

question.. which im sure is a stupid one but im a newb..

does the turbo put any stress on the manifold itself? is there any bracing required so the manifold wont crack.

sorry if a stupid question.

mike

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Yes the turbo will be a load on the welds and tubing on most custom turbo headers. Mine has a stud on the turbo flange that I will make up a sorta short tie rod that will brace it to the motor mount.. This will eliminate most of the excess weight of the turbo..

Chime in on your setup 240ZTurbo but I would assume you are planning something very close to the same.

Jeff