HybridZ

Any HybridZ Members Serving in Iraq or Afghanistan?

johnc

Haji movies are one thing I miss about the place. I got used to paying 2 dollars for a movie and when I arrived here in Kuwait and visited the PX' date=' I forgot that people have to pay 20-30 dollars for one movie.

[/quote']

The Hajis come on sundays, and sell movies, the bazaar is still open

Its 7 discs for $20, some discs have 4 movies, like all the "letheal weapons"

I just got 17 movies for $20.

Awesome

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest autoworkZ

6 month deployment on the USS GW in 94, 8 month deployment with the Seebeas in 04. lost 7, injured almost 40 and I just lost my cousin in Afghanistan. I`m really starting to hate that place.

My brother just left at 5:00 this morning and headed to the airport to get back to North Carolina after visiting home for two weeks on leave, and he'll be shipping out soon for his 3rd tour of duty. He helped me do some work on my Z while he was here, so I hope that counts. He's in the Marines.

Guest autoworkZ
I spent 4 months earlier this year in MCAS Al Asad' date=' Iraq.

USAF Air Transporter[/quote']

Ahh, Al Asad. Such a lovely bit of nothing in the middle of nowhere. Even hiji doesn`t want to go out there to **** with us:mrgreen: . Spent 10 days there on my way from balad to kuwait. balad sucked by the way.

Qatar isn't bad really. Short of being in Bahrain it's probably the next nicest place to be in the AOR. This is my third time to the place and 7th to the region since '93, it gets old after awhile.

You can't access the hybridz website either, unless the CS has unblocked the address.

goldenchild, are you coming over on the next AEF?

I know it's not the same but stationed on Nimitz since Jan '02, floated out there for 8 months in '03 and 6 in '05. We got real lucky and only lost a few people, of course not due to combat, but to accidents.

Ship is going back sometime next year but I'm probably getting out next march, will enjoy working on my Z.

Good luck to all still out there/going out there.