HybridZ

Any HybridZ Members Serving in Iraq or Afghanistan?

johnc

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
Guest Aaron

I believe I remember a couple that was going over there, but I cannot remember his name.

And quickdraw, ditto to what john said, THANK YOU for serving.

I didn't, but I just found out that my neighbors son did/is. He was shot just below the Jaw w/ and AK in Faluja (SP?) last november. I talked to his brother yesterday. He is ok, but has another surgery still, and has a titanium plate in his head. I guess it didn't really hit me what kind of stuff the guys are going through over there.

I do appretiate your service fella's, but I'd rather have you home! Not really sure what else to say...

Thanks AGAIN!

I didn't serve IN Afghanistan... I served OVER it... lol. Almost had to land in Bagram once when the aircraft I was on was having...uh... technical difficulties.

I'm out now but I know a few TACP's that spent some time in Afghan. The 101st rotated to Thumrait airbase (Oman) before going in. Those guys were a trip.

I would just like to say THANK YOU to anyone who is or has served this Country. Without Men and Women bravely serving in our Armed Forces where would we or our Country be. We owe you!

Mike

My father has done both. He's about to go back to Iraq in July. Are you still active duty Quickdraw? I'm glad you finished your tour in one piece.

I am in the Guard in Louisiana. I still have two years left with the 527th engineering battalion.

Even though I went to Afghanistan, I have all the respect in the world for what the boys in Iraq are dealing with. We didn't lose anybody in our whole battalion. A few accidents with landmines here and there, but nothing like what the soldiers in Iraq deal with on a daily basis. Keep em in your prayers.

Zhadman, What did you fly?

Tanner

Guest cantstopdriftin

my sister leaves out of north carolina next week, scares the **** out of me about what could happen to her. even if she comes back with no pyhsical harm she wont be the same person. all i have to say is she has more balls than me.

Nope... I accepted my honorable discharge in 2002. I was caught up in the stop loss and was kinda ready to move on to other things.

I am familiar with the back-door draft that you speak of. I lived with three guys that were caught by the stop loss. One had a week left before he got out and they put stop-loss in effect. He was the most miserable person there.

cantstopdriftin- Just pray for her. I definitely changed, but I feel like it was for the better. I try not to take things for granted anymore. I appreciate the small things in life and I know I went from a boy to a man over there. If you look hard enough there is good in any situation.

• 4 weeks later...

I was in the Army around the time of the first Gulf War. I served four years and decided to leave the Army for civilian life in January 1990 only to be called back to active duty about a year later for the war.

I was sent to Sweinfurt, Germany to the 3rd Infantry Division 5/41st Field Artillery and was to be the next Field Artillery unit to go in. Thank God our boys kicked major tail on the ground and air so I never had to go to the desert.

During my four years I served in the following units:

2nd Infantry Division 2/17th FA, South Korea

197th Infantry Brigade 2/10th FA, Fort Benning, GA (this unit redesignated to the 4/41st FA

3rd Infantry Division 5/41st FA, Sweinfurt Germany (During Desert Storm)

Is anybody here an ex gun bunny?

God bless all the men and women still serving in our armed forces and lets hope that they can come home soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I served in the 1st Gulf war in the USMC from Aug 90 thru April 91. Having been there, I definately want to thank anyone serving there now and defending our way of life here. I had personally seen the atrocities Saddam's regime inflicted on his own people, think of what more he could have done elsewhere in the world if left unchecked. Semper Fi. Rick