HybridZ

Where is the UK?

auxilary

I got one better than that. The Red Cross comes around about twice a semester for blood drives. I was doing my civic duty and going to let them bleed me for the sick and injured. Anyone that has given blood knows that you have to fill out a question sheet that asks about prior sickness, diseases, how many times you’ve paid for sex with other men, you know basic stuff. One of the questions referenced time out of the country and I was confused by the wording. As I had recently gone to visit a friend at Oxford University in the UK, I wanted to be sure I answered accurately. So I asked the nurse doing my platelet count, “I went to Oxford to visit a friend for 10 days, do I mark this question yes or no?” The nurse asked me “where’s Oxford?” so I told her “It’s in England.” To which she responded, “Where’s England?” :shock: The only thing that ran through my head at that moment was “I’m going to let someone just like you stick me with something sharp and drain my life blood into a plastic bag.”

So, it would appear you don’t even need to know where England is to become a nurse. Scary.