HybridZ

HybridZ opinions on generic intercoolers?

auxilary

such as this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=7931039047&rd=1

they all seem to be generically made, although the 0.2 psi drop at 15 sounds like bs to me. Either way, is it worth it to buy this or similar items? I don't have the funds to do 800 dollar intercoolers. I'd love to do James Thagard's IC, but I can't afford it

it seems like everyone on Ebay is selling that same IC. I almost bought it as it looks decent.

The measurements are there, so try mocking it up with cardboard first. Also, beware of the 3" inlet & outlet. Those are going to be a pain to work with, and silicon adapters are costly.

Sean

73 240Z Turbo

Looks exactly like the one I bought for my 73. I paid 600 for mine but it came with piping and connectors for install into a z32. I had to cut the 3" inlet/outlet off and put a 90 on the tank in order to make it work, but once in it is really nice. I could not figure any way to intall it without the custom 90's welded on because it is so wide you don't have any room to add fittings and still make it threw the wall. Mine was made by "Hybrid" if you want to look for it. I could shoot you some pics if you PM me with your address.

Very good looking IC, beware of leaky welds however, have it pressure tested as soon as you get it. btw, to the guy up top that said "bar and fin" is the best... It's "Tube and Fin" and "Bar and Plate". :D

Which is the best depends on what your looking for. Tube cools better, bar flows more.