HybridZ

ebay Tokico suspension kits

I'm sure most of you have seen these auctions on ebay for Tokico Suspension Kits (they always seem to be there). Has anyone purchased one of these kits from this guy (jdmwerks13)? It seems like a pretty good deal ($359 for the standard and $519 with the illumina's).

I'm thinking about getting one of them, I just can't decide which one yet.

We've talked about the progressive and linear setup before and I don't think anyone was too hot on it...

Well I guess calling to find out the spring rates was a good idea...until I called I thought they were linear rate springs. :shock:

Those of you that have the Tokico springs, are they progressive? I'm wondering if I got correct information from the person I spoke with at Tokico. MSA told me their Tokico springs are linear and I would think they would be the same as what comes in this kit. The only progressive springs they had are the Eibach springs.

I bought the Tokico setup with Illuminas and springs. The springs did not look like progressives, and as was mentioned, the only progressives I ever saw were the Eibachs, which are not made for the 280s anymore. My stuff came quickly and is all new in the factory box.

I bought the HP 280 Z kit from JDWERKS, quick shipping and as stated in the manufacturers box. The HP kit shocks are equal to a setting of 3 on the Illuminas. My buddy had the Illumina Kit on his 280 and you can feel the difference when you adjust the settings. If you have plans for autocrossing the Illumina Kit would work and maybe step up to some coilovers for more adjustability. For a daily driver, weekend freeway cruiser the HP kit along with new bushings and larger sway bars can not be beat :lol:

Glenn A. INLINER FOR NOW BOWTIE COMING SOON !!!!

I searched for the original post where we had gone over this particular kit IIRC, and couldn't find it. Not sure why that is. Anyhow, the kit definitely sounds like the one we were talking about last year. Progressive in the front, linear in the back. I was "sure" it was Tokico's packaged kit. :?

I remember thinking at the time I wonder how that's going to react on the edge of traction in a bumpy corner. The only answer I can come up with is not very well. Sounds like a good way to spin your car to me...

I bought the hp struts and springs from him. Quick shipping but he overcharged $14 to what the postage on the sealed Tokico box said. He also never left me any feedback after the transaction and I giving him positive feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Advanced Supension handling kit (blue's) and the front's were definitely progressive springs. He wouldn't take returns, so I sold them on eBay a couple of days later. I think the information I got from Tokico is probably correct. (140 lbs progressive front, 165 lbs linear rear).