HybridZ

Shame on you, Nissan

mzx0

Well, Ford's done it again. Yup, they've come out with a fastback sports car that looks way more like a Z than the 350 could ever dream of. It started with the new AM-V8:

amv8_1.jpg

And now, the Shelby GR-1:

sgr1_1.jpg

More info here:

http://www.cardesignnews.com/news/2004/040813ford-gr1/

Yeah, Nissan's really done a great job dropping the proverbial ball of a classic design. The others, however, have got some fantastic fast-back funk. (Sorry, I just had to. ) :roll:

Anyhoo, there were some sketches someone did for concepts of new Zs that just looked great. The 350? Not my cup of tea. There are certainly some tuners out there doing excellent stuff with it. I must admit I got a bit drooly over that sr20det with the chameleon paint, but then again, I'm a sucker for a fast-back.

Well what Nissan did was take an existing platform (Infinity G35) and use it for their needs... Which was OK, but could have been used to better meet the needs of MAKING it LOOK more like an UPDATED first Gen Z instead of an updated version of the 2nd Gen 300ZX.

Not sure what happened... I like it as is, as I guess it has grown on me, and I've seen a few (Especially the Blue color) that look OK... But I still argue My money would go towards a pre-owned C5 Corvette over a NEW 350Z ANY DAY... Which is EXACTLY what I did! :lol:

Mike :lol:

That ford looks nice, too bad it's a ford, they'll find some way to screw it up inside that nicely sculpted body.

I really don't like the idea of buying a car that is exactly the same as another car... There is just something wrong with this. Cheapens it somehow.

I like that first gen Z. It's probably my favorite design, but the GT40? Well that's just a masterpeice. Would give one arm and one leg, but then couldn;t drive it so no deal, I'll take the 240Z Or *ahem* 570Z. :twisted: