HybridZ

LS6 in a 240??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

found a place that I can get a LS6 and a 6-speed, for fairly cheap and I have another 240 that is begging for a swap.

So I am thinking that a LS6 Z-car would be the best of all the worlds, run a 3:54 R200 in the back, and with the 6-speed should get awsome miledge and have 405HP on tap.

To the best of my knoledge the biggest issues is the exaust on the LS motors are a clearance issue is this correct? or are the other problomes as far as fitting goes.

thanks in advance

I think it is Street & Peformance who offers a motormount adapter to put a Gen III LS motor onto stock GM mounts. With that setup, you should possibly be able to use the JTR setback plates. S&P makes nice stuff, but nothing cheap, so be forewarned. The John's Cars deal might be better since you know it'll work and he's got exhaust.

Originally posted by Mike C:

I think it is Street & Peformance who offers a motormount adapter to put a Gen III LS motor onto stock GM mounts. With that setup, you should possibly be able to use the JTR setback plates. S&P makes nice stuff, but nothing cheap, so be forewarned. The John's Cars deal might be better since you know it'll work and he's got exhaust.

S&P set back plates and JTR Kit? Don't count on it! I looked into it and it has accessory clearance issues an would be more trouble than buying the stock Corvette mounts from S&P or anywhere else. Plus the JTR setup with S&P set back plates would mean bolting a setback plate to a setback plate, which really increases leverage on the block and Datsun mounting towers. Mounting an LS6 will be the same as an LS1. The pan and motor mounts are different, but you will have to make, or get special mounts anyway. Cyrus used the same mounts that come on the LS6. John's cars uses Camaro mounts. It looks good so far. I got a peek at it. Phantom can tell you more. At this point his conversion is also a one off. John has not started selling kits.

If you get the stock mounts with the LS6, you can just do what cyrus did, or wait for kit. Search this forum for LS1 stuff.

I have some of my pics and 2 pics from Cyrus here

http://www.geocities.com/maichor75104/photos3.html