HybridZ

JTR LS1 Headers

SSflyer

The LS1 headers are going through the second prototype stage.

As per MAS280's advice (and expertise), we are having 1-3/4" headers made, and we used MAS280's headers for the prototyping.

The headers are being made so they will work with the John's Cars kit, as well as with the mounts that MAS280 made.

One set of the 1-3/4 headers are with iflyfast1, who is using a John's car kit, and another set was test fitted in LS1240Z.

The passenger's side headers are done, but the driver's side needs some more adjustments to work with the John's Cars kit.

MAS280's mounts position the engine a little more rearward than the John's Cars mounts, and this makes it easier to run headers because as the engine is moved rearward, the steering shaft gets further away from the engine.

The headers will probably be ready to sell within a few weeks, but we don't want to sell them until we are sure they fit into the cars using the John's cars kit.

The expected price is about $350 for plain, and $475 for ceramic coated.

Guest DiZeased_240

That's great news... I wanted to position my LS1 further back like mas280's and I figured I was going to have to make my own mounts and then figure out the headers.

Whenever I get my motor/tranny I am definitely going with the JTR setup.

Great work guys. :D

Mike,

My headers are John's first attempt and are 1 1/2" block huggers. I understand long-tubes are the way to go with LS1's but I don't see how it could be done on a Z and still have any ground clearance without really chopping up the car.

Dang, $475 for ceramic coated is pretty reasonable!

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

The third style of prototype headers for the driver's sides was left with iflyfast1 on 12/10/04, who has a John's Car kit.

He told me the header fits fine.

At this point, the headers should be ready to sell in 2-4 weeks.

We don't know the selling cost until the other costs of prototyping are taken into consideration.

• 4 weeks later...

The LS1 1-3/4" headers are ready to sell.

Prices are :

$350 for the plain headers, part # DATZ-405P

$475 for the ceramic coated, part # DATZ-405C

Shipping weight is 16 lbs.

http://www.JTRPublishing.com

The website will not be updated for a while.

If you want to order by phone, call 925-462-3619, and ask for Greg.

If a woman answers the phone, it means the call was forwarded to an answering service, in which case, you can leave a message, or tell the lady at the answering service that you would like to order the headers, and she can take the ordering information.