HybridZ

filter relocater-are duals to much

i search around didnt find an exact answer to my question.

i was given a dual filter oil relocater to be used on a 350ci sbc. my question is that is the dual filter just to much? will it make oil pressure drop to much and put more wear on the motor. also it was goin to be mounted on the driver side frame rail between motor and radiator. to give you an idea of how long te hoses where goin to be. there will be 2 an lines running from block to filter.

he filters are not the restriction in the oiling system

where would i have a problem in my oiling system. so i can look out for it if something was to go wrong.also i it true that the relocator has to me mount lower than the stock filter location on the block? to make to flowing of the oil smoother.

I believe most (if not all) dual remote filter setups place the filtering in parallel to each other, which would actually reduce any loss of flow due to filter restrictions, which I see as a good thing.

I have a generic dual filter setup and this is the case.

Another plus is that the dual remote filter allows you to run a little more oil in you engine which promotes cooling. Add an oil cooler while you are at it, and you should never have cooling problems.

I would think you would want the remote filter below the normal location so that oil would not drain out of the filters/lines when the engine is not running. That would increase the time the engine is running at startup withou oil pressure.

Down side is you have to buy two filters when you change the oil.

I have only seen(in person) one remote oil filter set up and they had the dual filters mounted on top of the passenger side fender. It was on a 98' Ram 1500 5.2 Liter V8. The guy was running Amsoil too! :roll::shock: Kinda seemed over the top for a basic Ram 1500 but hey its not my money hes "wasting"!

Guy

ya i havent seen to many myself. i thought that was b/c they weren't go or something. i dont know what brand the on i have is i got it from the person that gave me the car.but from the feed back that im getting so far im goin to go ahead and us it. im trying to have the car on the road by new years. ill keep you guys posted. so add me to the other million v8 datsuns out there :twisted:

I'll have to lock horns with you here John. If your running an oil cooler anyways, it's not as if much is being added. Plus according to my engine guy, oil filter restriction is of a concern. With the dual setup this of course cuts it in half. I agree with 80LT1, on a street motor its overkill, but IMHO, on a race engine using higher viscosity oil, it's added insurance.

Phil

I am considering a remote filter for my pickup simply because the filter is a major PITA to replace. I need to replace the front seal on the motor, and I may do it then since I will have a lot of stuff out of the way.