HybridZ

Getting the SubtleZ kit

74_5.0L_Z

I've been lusting after the Subtle Z body kit for quite a while, but I've always had parts that were higher up the priority list. The SubtleZ body kit just made it to the front of the line.

100BBC_wreck1.jpg

I had some intimate contact with some mangrove trees at the Bay Bottom Crawl. Luckily, the incident occurred at relatively low speed, and I only destoyed my left front fender, hood, and air dam. There were some portions of this course that I was near 130 mph :shock: .

John Washington has been great to deal with, and I will receive my new fenders, air dam, hood, and rear quarters very soon.

WOW!!

Whew glad you are OK!!

That Subtle Z kit is HOT!!

Do you think you will have it ready to join the Z caravan for the next SEZ event up to Reynolds in March??

It wouldn't be the same without your car (and you of course) there :)

It is one of the crowd favorites. even more so once you add the body kit...

Guest DiZeased_240

Thanks... either they have discontinued that wheel or it is not on their website. I need to find wide 17's to clear my brakes and have a decent option on street tires. They don't make anything very wide in a 16" tire anymore. And yes the Hoosiers are magic! (well almost)

Hope you have more luck getting your car back together than you did on the track!

The damage is actually pretty superficial. There was no structural damage to the car. I should have the body kit here in a couple of weeks, and installed by mid-January.

I am contemplating installing the rear quarter with DZUS fasteners rather than bonding them on. That way, they'll be really easy to change next time I mess up. :oops:

zxtman,

You are correct. If you look at the picture, you will see what remains of my left front T/C tube on the ground next to the tire. Mine T/C set-up was a swaged tube from AFCO racing, a rod end, and the end of the stock T/C rod (cut down and threaded).

The failure was my own fault. I had shortened the front struts a few months prior to this event, and not verified that the wheel could go through its complete motion without interference. This course was faster than anything that I had previously run, I was on stickier tires than ever before, and I now had more suspension travel. This allowed the T/C tube to contact the bottom of the frame. The frame contact slightly bent the tube which then failed under hard braking.

Sorry to hear that. I heard it's a beautiful car and very well put together.

I love that course, is has it all: low speed obstacles (cones), hair pin, long sweeping turns that are blind, and it's fast! Also heard alot of people went off course. I ran it the last two years but missed this year unfortunately (was out of the country). You must have met my Z buddies there: Greg Ira, Jeff Milton, Guy Marvin, Larry Mahanor, to name a few (great group of guys).

Regarding the T/C rod, I'll be modifying mine the next month so I will be careful to make sure ther is no obstruction during suspension travel.

Again, sorry to hear about the mishap.

Wow glad to hear that you are OK and the car isn't hurt badly. I'm sure the Subtle Z kit will look sweet on there.

I was riding with a friend a couple of weeks ago during a fun run after an event. He lost it and took out a concrete light pole and a fire hydrant with his Camaro. We were OK but the car is torn up pretty badly.