HybridZ

Can't keep it running - 82ZX l28et

JKDGabe

Also might want to check the head temp senser. Try to also unplug and clean the contacts to the ECU as well as the AFM. I had a similar problem with my Z but it would not crank at all due to a extreme rich condition on start up.. I found that actually my ECU was bad. I replaced it and now it runs great.. I cleaned all the contacts and pluged my original ECU back in and still wouldnt crank. So who knows.. Good luck.. and by the way.. My name is Gabe too.. HEHE :lol:

Shoot.. yah, your right.. it'll just kick it into 'failsafe' or some sort of limp mode.. um.. maybe the spring in the afm is broken? (causing the flap to have no resistance, and totaly messing up the ecu?) Or... a bad injector/FPR? Heh.. maybe its the ugly "black box" issue rearing it's head.. Got a spare dizzy (or box from one)? I'm gona go with that for now..

Bad AFM would still run but poorly and would be able to rev up. It's probably the ignition module, they fail like that I just had that problem on my f150, the rad sprung a leak and sprayed the dist, I replaced the ignition control module and it fixed it. But the dang thing would start and run for a few seconds and then die. Put a timing light on it and check for flashing while it's dieing it could tell you if it is losing spark the afm wouldn't stop it from sparking.