HybridZ

Chevy V8 T5 Hydraulics Slave/ Release Bearing setups...

Mikelly

Guys, I'm starting to focus on setting up these GForce T5 transmissions on the Chevy motors and I've ordered one lakewood bellhousing specifically set up for the T5. I'm now trying to source either a slave cylinder or Hydraulic release bearing setup... What are you guys running...

Mike 8)

I'm using the stock T5 slave clyinder with a 7/8" wilwood master clyinder. I have used this setup for almost ten years without any problems.

I'm using a heavy clutch so I had to run a support bracket from the firewall to the inner fender to reduce firewall flex.

FYI, I had to cut the lower lip off my lakewood bell housing to gain ground and exhaust clearance.

Mike, I'm using the stock Chevy aluminum bellhousing, stock slave cylinder and a 7/8" Tilton master cylinder. I bought one of the 5 spped Camaro Lakewood bellhousings but when I bolted it up, I saw that the big flange on the bottom was going to ruin my ground clearance, so I returned it. Are you planning on chopping off some of that extra meat on the bottom to help with the ground clearance issue?

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

Mike, I probably will if it hangs down as much as I suspect it will... I got the thing in the mail on Friday and it is HUGE! I'll mock it up and see how much lower than my headers it hangs, and go from there... I've got a Wilwood 7/8th Master, and I'd like to use the traditional slav ecylinder design because my darned Vette Hybraulic release bearing is a BIATCH to bleed, so I assume the others on the market (About $200) are not gonne be any easier!

I'm fighting with my wireless network tonight, have a business meeting tomorrow night, and then will moch everything up between wednesday night and Thursday.

I'll take lots of pics as ussual!

Mike

Mike