HybridZ

350 swap times

Sure it is possible. But it depends on your bank account, free time, mechanic and fabrication skills, garage space and tools, complexity of the engine and drivetrain, and your knowledge of engine swaps.

A simple, old school, 350 swap with auto transmisson following the JTR conversion manual is the easiest and cheapest to do. Especially if you order an install kit that comes with the mounts, crossmember, and drive shaft.

LS1's swaps can get complicated because of EFI and ECU.

Do the math. It is most likely cheaper to buy one already done and sell your car.

I think if you have the right space and 4 weekends, you could go start to finish so long as you don't get distracted with brakes, suspension and other issues...

Buy everything you will possibly need before you start and keep the receipts so you can return what you don't use.

mike 8)

Mike

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

I'm doing one in a weekend. I will document the process and post results when the time comes. Right now I'm still modifying the motor and waiting on the mount diagrams.

I just did a Jaguar XJ6 motor swap in a weekend. I started at about 2pm Saturday and finished last night at 11pm. I'm driving the car 1500 miles to OH this afternoon. :D