HybridZ

Perfect donor car for Hybrid Chevy Swap

Sorry,

It's a 240Z.

See pics and info here:

For anyone interested the car is in Maryland and the asking price is $3500 or best offer.

See the car and info here:

http://members.cardomain.com/eastcoast240z

More pics and info here: http://members.cardomain.com/eastcoast240zp2

Let me know if you need more info.

David

Guest potato bread

From what I understand, It's easier on the 260 and 280. The R200 rear only came in the 260/280. I believe that the fuel tank in the later 280s also have baffling for the FI which means I won't have to swap the tank (I think). Anyhow, it just seems that the 260/280 LS1 swap is better documented and I'm lazy/stupid.

The R200 came in the 280 and some later ZX models not the 260. Swapping an R200 to a 240 is a very simple process and provides the opportunity to upgrade the half-shafts and replace all the bushings.

As for the fuel tank a 75 or 76 EFI tank will swap to a 240 or 260. It's also possible to add a sump to the stock tank or use a fuel cell so the tank is not a big issue.

The biggest difference between the 240 and the later cars is more structural rigidity. The late 260 and 280 came with frame rails that extend all the way back and are built with thicker steel. Which means they weigh more. It's also possible to easily reinforce the 240 structurally so it is much stronger than stock.

Edit: Other than the Items already mentioned there is really no difference between the 240/260 or 280. The motor and tranny mounts are virtually identical and the other differences do not affect the engine swap in any meaningful way.

Edit #2: Forgot to mention that 280s with an automatic tranny do not have an R200. I almost bought a diff from a JY 280 that had an auto but upon closer inspection found it was an R180.

Wheelman

Guest potato bread

As for the fuel tank a 75 or 76 EFI tank will swap to a 240 or 260. It's also possible to add a sump to the stock tank or use a fuel cell so the tank is not a big issue.

So lazy :(

Edit #2: Forgot to mention that 280s with an automatic tranny do not have an R200. I almost bought a diff from a JY 280 that had an auto but upon closer inspection found it was an R180.

Wheelman

Are you sure about this? I thought for sure that the 280's from 76 up had the R200.

Edit: Ack you're right! http://zhome.com/ZCMnL/tech/GearRatios.html

• 2 years later...

So I got a call from the guy that bought this car from me a few years ago. He completely went off on it and turned it into a really nice hybrid Z.

It has a 572 BBC in it. Looks like a really nice job. I like the ghost stripes too.

Here are the pics:

03200006.jpg

03200002.jpg

03200019.jpg

03200004.jpg

03200014.jpg

Wow, that is probably the first car on here that I saw and immediately wanted! Is that a piece on his hood that you can buy or is that completely fabbed?

I am not sure. I don't have any more info. He is the owner of a Nissan dealership in New Brunswick. Pardon my ignorance but i am not sure if that is Canada or maybe Nova Scotia?

I told him about Hybrid Z but I don't think he will join us.

I am not sure. I don't have any more info. He is the owenr of a Nissan dealership in New Brunswick. Pardon my ignorance but i am not sure if that is Canada or maybe Nova Scotia?

I told him about Hybrid Z but I don't think he will join us.

New Brunswick and Nova Scotia are provinces, both in Canada.

• 7 months later...
So I got a call from the guy that bought this car from me a few years ago. He completely went off on it and turned it into a really nice hybrid Z.

It has a 572 BBC in it. Looks like a really nice job. I like the ghost stripes too.

Here are the pics:

03200006.jpg

03200002.jpg

03200019.jpg

03200004.jpg

03200014.jpg

Here is another update on this car.

I spoke to the guy today. He led me to this video. Totally sick.

http://ywnv.vidiac.com/recentvideos/7/8398a7ec-f655-4e70-9d11-99ab012eba03.htm

He said the car is running the quarter mile in 8.60s at 155 on the motor and 8.30's at 165 on the juice. This run didn't allow wheelie bars so he backed off a bit. The car is street legal. Well, it is tagged!

It is great to see that a car I once owned has turned into such a sweet HybridZ.