HybridZ

Whats your cars theme?

sulla

I'm going for the stealth look. That same flat black paint, no chrome, or braided stainless with the red and blue fittings, I have 17x9 mustang GT's on it. The same for the engine. purpose built, not flashy but you know it aint stock. serp belt pulleys, no N20, no boost. low blacked out windows, brushed steel bumpers, FULL wheel wells, Megasquirt EFI running a lingenfelter intake on a rollor cammed 383 700 slush box and a Dana 44M IRS. Keith

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definatly have to go with the Shelby Mustang theme. Almost to look like a mini Eleanor. Lots of power and handling. Basically, an I'm gonna to eat your lunch woosie boy kind of look.:twisted: Working on a concept drawing to get some feedback on.

There are two distinct looks that I'm partial to,

The first is sort of a Pro Touring meets Oldskool, basically wide modern wheels, slammed suspension, clean body with minimal add-ons aside from some ZG flares, front lower airdam and shaved mouldings, keyholes, door handles, wing with flush signals. Chrome would be minimal, reserved for the bumpers, glass mouldings and the b-pillar Z emblems. Paint would be somthing period correct or subdued, white, pale blue or green with a complimentary colour such as gunmetal. Running gear would be all modern, LS1/T56 or RB26DETT. Suspension would comprise of full coilover setup, poly bushings, sways, braces.

Somthing like this, minus the fender mirrors and other items mentioned above, throw on some Volk GTN's in bronze and you've got a better picture of what I'm trying to describe.

f8deb2fb.jpg.orig.jpg

The second theme would be period JDM. G-nose, ZG flares, headlight covers, 432R wing, fender mirrors and no other body mods. Again it would have to be slammed and wearing wide rubber, but on period Sakura's or Watts. Colour scheme would be two tone, again subdued colours that look 'right' on an oldskool Japanese sports car, butternut squash yellow over gunmetal would be gorgeous. Drivetrain in this case would be a worked carby L6.

This car is simply stunning,

fa93f4dc.jpg.orig.jpg

IMO, of course.

Guest tony78_280z

OMG, That shark actualy looks like a frickin shark. Scary too. Looks like it might eat pedestrians or slow ass driving blue hairs.

My theme right now is a good running car! After that I'm working on the body. Then it'll be a sleek sports car with definate old school muscle. Interior is up in the air. I want to make a more modern dash board and all digital guages. Other than that I have no clue.

Guest Tatsuya_Shima

I'm styling my car after the Z on Wangan Midnight. The color will be Midnight Blue and will have other things like a BRE spoiler and an MSA front Air dam. I'm going to try and keep the car as simple as possible while still getting the image I have in my mind. Now the only thing I have to do is wait for the money...

• 1 month later...