HybridZ

Rear view mirrors selection

buZy

Hey I was hoping you all could help me out. Looking for a set rear view mirrors that work. See attached picture. The ones I have now are not so great and they shake and sag out of adjustment. I tried MSA's chrome bullet mirrors and was not impressed with quality or function. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks everyone! Hope the picture gets in this time.

http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/10889Picture_029-med.jpg

Guest Phil1934

The street rod market sells mirrors like that with a horizontal bolt near the mount so you can tilt them up or down. I picked a pair up at the last swap meet for $55. I'll check the magazines.

Well I'm 'ell cheepo' with stuf like this.. but I've had good luck with the 'fake chrome' mirrors I bought from canadian tire..$14.59 a pop.. :) (guess you guys in the states dont have that store.. but Im sure you'll have something like it) They are about 4" round, look perfect on a 1st gen Z (IMHO anyway..) and DON'T shake or move at all. There's 3 screws that tighten and hold it in place.. works well. I HAD a pic up.. :roll: gota upload them again I guess.. :lol:

I've always been partial to the Talbot style 'Bullett' mirrors; but, in past Gen. 1 Zs, they have provided poor visibility. While at So CA MSA show this year I saw a guy who made an aluminum plate in the front corner of his window opening and mounted them there (i.e. "the triangle"). I plan on taking his genral idea and biulding upon it, refining, and mounting similarly.

My "Bullets" are made in England, as are/were real Talbots, and I got them on eBay for less than $100 for the pair delivered.

The very first pic of this thread showed a really clean, Blue 240Z. Those mirrors are Vittaloni "somethings", and used to be available at every Pep Boys, Kragen, etc. They have a nice shape; but incredibly small visual field, even smaller than my "Bullets".

Last, some have used Miata power remote mirrors with good success, if you like that look. They seem very functional!