HybridZ

New Seats.

titanium

Right on man, didn't mean to sound snippy or anything either. I just wanted to point out that I agree with you - he didn't originally mention road racing until after I showed the seats and I have continued to post info about them because so many other people are interested...anyway no need to apologize, I was just confused at where you were coming from.

I don't mean to beat this into the ground either but as far as bolstering goes, these things hold me in really well. I'm sure fixed position seats could do an even better job, but I am really happy with these. I drive my 77 with stock seats every day and there is no comparison.

Also since someone mentioned junkyard seats, the best junkyard seats I've ever sat in were from a turbo Impulse. Those things have excellent lower bolstering on the side (adjustable too - plus lumbar.) I gave my set to a guy in our local club when I got the DAD's and he was able to install them without too much trouble.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ColoradoZ

I would also like to add that s14 seats from an se, dont know if the base model has em too. anyways the s14 seats are really quite nice if you are a smaller man, me being 5'9" they really do a good job with the side bolstering. and to me are quite comfy, others, (my girlfriend) *cough cough* happen to think they are the worst seat ever, then again she hates to be tied down (why does she still have me?) anyways look into those, i bet you could get a nice set for about 200$

While the DAD seats look appealing, I'm drawn to the Corbeau CR1's or A4's. Will the fitment be similar? I looked at the dimensions of the CR1 vs. DAD and they seem to be about the same. I'm a tall guy though, 6'1", and could very well gain an inch or two (not done yet!). I'd hate to throw money into seats that I can't fit myself and a helmet into.

As far as junkyard seats go, i just installed the crx si seats in my car. They are readily available at my junkyards and i got mine for 34 bucks for the pair! Only problem i came across was that my car has the hump for the catalytic converter on the drivers side, so it kind of throws the drivers side off to the left a little, but some "clearancing" with a hammer fixed most of that. Anyways here is a pic:

849_p40644.jpg

Picture was taken by mike (on3go)

-Oliver

Andy (Titanium). Since your Z will have a cage, and you are a bit taller...I would test mount them first to see where your head is at.

Since I will be the only one driving my race car Z, I am going to mount the driver's seat directly to the floor (cutting the seat risers out). That way I will have plenty of headroom for when I am driving the car on the street, so I dont have to worry about my head hitting the roll cage.

Heads will get split open from smacking a roll cage, even with the best padding out there.

I am 6'4 though, so you might be able to get by with the stock height.

• 2 weeks later...

hehe my new seat!

PDR_1107.JPG

hehe when i say new i mean used..

all stains will come out, as most did already.. and at a great price of 100 bucks.

Sparco Sprint :D

mike

so that's the seat eh mike? Bastard.

on the note of DAD seats. I almost bought a set till i contacted the manufacturer. If anybody here cares about their life i'd go with a true racing seat or stick with the OEM both of which have been crash tested. Just a lil FYI DAD's have not been. I would rate them lower than an OEM seat in safety but hey, your life.

-Ed

Mike... we need a Z meet in the spring/woods area sometime soon.

Guest JAMIE T

I just bought a pair of Bride seats for my car. They are the adjustable performance seat. I do have a single Corbeau FIA seat for when(if) I ever decide to take the car to a sanctioned racing event.