HybridZ

Best price for billet flywheel......T56?

Yeah I've ordered stuff form Thunder racing before. Lots of good stuff but you gotta check the prices out other places before you buy from them. Their SPEC clutches are a little on the high side.

I am looking for a steel flywheel because I plan on taking my car the 1/4 mile track so I dont want to worry about the flywheel taking the abuse that it will get while there.

Man I though for sure someone would have a hook up on a billet steel flywheel for less than $300?

Guy

Well I was not about to sacrafice the stock strength of the T56 for a WCT5, plus the T56 was part of the deal when I bought my LT1. I just wish parts were a little cheaper thats all. I would have thought that since the LS1 is becoming so poplular in the hotrodding crowd that the prices of the LT1 stuff would drop but so far I havent seen that too much.

Guy

Sorry, was not meant as criticism of the choice...I stated my personal reasons for picking T-5, I merely meant to point out that there may be alternatives to big $ (which almost always work given enough $) John

I didnt take any offense to your comment. I know you were just trying to be helpful. I am just trying to say that Im not switching over to a T5 when I already have the T56 set up.:)

I think Summit is the cheapest place. $302 for teh CF billet steel flywheel. Is there anyone out there running this flywheel? I have also see the SLP flywheels for about $350. I would spend the extra money if the SLP is a better flywheel. I am not impressed with the CFDF clutch that I had in there! I can tell you that! So if their flywheels are the same junk then I dont want anything to do with them!

Guy

I wish I could afford the McCloud twin disc set up but I just cant swing the $1100 for the set up.

I am going to go with the CF steel flywheel but I have a question. Summit lists 2 flywheels for the LT-based engine family. One says it will fit the "6 speed that came with the Corvette from 92-96" and the other just says fits LT-based engines from 92-97? The one that fits the Corvette is only $302 where as the other is $353. Was the Corvette LT1 attached to a T56 or a ZF6 through those years? I would like to know if I can buy the $302 flywheel instead of the $353 flywheel!

Thanks,

Guy

I'm almost positive that I have seen Aluminum flywheels on eBay for $105 B-I-N, in fact, I had the seller bookmarked for the longest time. I then realized that I have a LONG way to go before I need to worry about my flywheel. Check "Completed" auctions if you don't find it with a regular search...

I'm almost positive that I have seen Aluminum flywheels on eBay for $105 B-I-N, in fact, I had the seller bookmarked for the longest time. I then realized that I have a LONG way to go before I need to worry about my flywheel. Check "Completed" auctions if you don't find it with a regular search...
If I could get an aluminum one for $105 I would but I have never ever seen a T56 flywheel go for $105(NIB) much less an aluminum one! If you can find the sellers name that would be great!

Guy